4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Hubb UK

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Hubb UK  Empty
PostSubject: Hubb UK    Hubb UK  EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Some great news for some on here 
Hubb UK is back this year, on 16-19 June at Baskervile hall Hotel near the Brecon Becons.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Hubb UK  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubb UK    Hubb UK  EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 1:39 am

Saw that earlier, will have to add it to 4x4Calendar.

Baskerville Hall was used back in the day as a base for the Welsh Hillrally. I know because whilst competing in the prologue stage I bent the drag link (must have caught a tree stump I assume) so had no steering as the wheels were locked in a 10 to 2 position. Ended up slamming into a tree.

So, that was me done for the overall rally, but the lads repaired the steering and front wing, passed scrutineering for the Sunday one-day event (for all those who didn't finish day one), was having a good run until halfway around the course I managed to tip the Range Rover on its side during a very slow undulating section. It was quite literally slow motion as it tipped on its r/h side, really nothing I could have done to prevent it ... except travel faster I suppose. Ironic, especially as for once I erred on the side of caution rather than go flat out, it didn't pay off. With help we pushed it back on four wheels, but by that time all the fuel had drained out, meaning that I couldn't start the engine again. Another DNF! That's life.  Rolling Eyes

Baskerville Hall - good venue. thumbsup
Back to top Go down

Hubb UK
Page 1 of 1