4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

North East Morocco?

Go down 
+11
SafariDude
Silverfox
Mac
roamingman
colley2.8
tuggy
GirlChild
wideformat4x4
Tom Mc
marjal
Tembo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

North East Morocco? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:24 am

it was 28 in my garden this afternoon, i melted my flip flops while making some storage bins for the disco:D 
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 am

Looks like a nice camp site, clinking teacups 
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 pm

I have been spending alot of hours out in the garage getting Tembo ready to go. Wish we were going sooner as well but can probably use the remaining weeks to get ready. In the past few weeks I have:

-added dual batteries to Tembo...not so much for running any fancy accessories but I have no electricity out where my garage is, so run my power tools off a transformer hooked to the batteries. Maybe one day might win a lottery and will give Tembo a fridge freezer...or maybe just a winch.
- Added a safety post to the bonnet so when it is up and I am bent inside I can't bump that rather flimsy arrangment and have the bonnet and spare tire come down on my head.
- added latches to the pull out table so it is safe to lean on.
- Built a bigger food box
- Added some more canvas bags to carry 1.5 l water bottles in the cab

Still to do...

- get a CB set up installed
- new brake pads on the rear and parking brake
- secure my electric fan so it won't come off on rough terrain
- a full service
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:39 am

Also been busy, fitted twin batteries, radio, cb, inverter, 6 spot lights, going to fit a spear wheel carier with space for tool box, 20L water 20L diesel, and high lift jack, also trying to fit an awning.

Going to get the maps James sent me printed tomorrow, quick question how did you plan your routes on the map please??
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:47 am

For me, I looked at the maps and compared that to Google earth photos. I would ask Tuggy about that area as I am sure he has been through there before. Just remember those maps are old and in the coastal areas there are probably many new roads.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Well had maps printed, done a search for google earth, only to find out that I have to download it,
big problem I really hate anything to do with google, I have never let it get on my computer's.

Is their any other way to see maps.
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Seems everyone has been busy.
I have made a large storage box with sections for the black crates to slide in and out of (so I don't have to keep moving stuff) removed the 2 seats in the cargo area and made 2 pannier style boxes to hold less used items also I am making a cargo shelf in the rear roof section to store light items of bedding etc so I wont have to keep stuffing sleeping bags and sleeping mats into there stuff sacks.

I have now fitted both diff guards and the steering guard to protect the underside againts rocks etc.

Still left to do full service including new shocks and springs I'm going for updated load but without a lift to keep the centre of gravity the same but to avoid sag when loaded and need to get a few spare belts fuel filters and hoses.
The garage that used to look after my company vehicles is doing the service and allow me underneath to lend a hand so at least I'll have a little bit of an idea where stuff goes and change stuff if needed (after 37 years in the printing trade I only just know which end of a hammer to hold) to that should be a bit of help however I do realise working under a land rover on a dusty sandy floor is a bit different to standing up working on a vehicle in a modern workshop with air tools and all mod cons.

Well that's about it for now I'm off next week to France for a few weeks for a dry run of the storage boxes and camping equipment so should be able to iron out any problems before we set off.

My gps device has now arrived so I suppose I need to decide which maps to buy and learn how to use it.
The only other thing I can think of is any other spares I may need to take but hopefully with the service and other stuff I should be able to identify and suspect bit and replace a few weeks before we set off.
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:33 pm

roamingman wrote:
Well had maps printed, done a search for google earth, only to find out that I have to download it,
big problem I really hate anything to do with google, I have never let it get on my computer's.

Is their any other way to see maps.

There are sat images from Olaf's but you would need to buy a program like mapsource to view them. Not my area of expertise really. If you don't want to look at Google earth images, I would get one of the up-to-date Michelin maps of Morocco and compare the new roads to what is on our much older maps. I would also ask Tuggy if there are amy must sees or tracks between Cueta and Taourirt.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Well have found bing maps of morocco that give detail view, looks good so far.
Was  only able to get maps on A3 size paper, bigger A2 was £3 each.
But should be ok, so far so good.

wideformat4x4, I have yet to get some under body protection, have made a roof top box on cap with a bit of a slope, hopefully make fuel go a bit further.  I would take some spear filters, and some top up oil.

A photo

North East Morocco? - Page 10 Gedc2210
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Looks great! And I am sure it has to be better on wind resistance than the way it was.
Back to top Go down
colley2.8
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
colley2.8

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:41 am

I am going to be at the overland show however it will only be for the day (Saturday) so hope that fits with everyone else??
The camp site looks great and a nice way to start our trip8) 
Some good work on the trucks there guys:D I have a list as long as my arm to do but hoping to get it all done over the next few weeks.
My new truck is completely standard at the moment as I wanted to put some good road miles on her before I started messing with her. I have done 1500 miles in the last two weeks so I am really pleased with her. I have even done a bit of laning too:D 
Will put some pics up once she is all done;) I have even treated myself to a roof tent which the other half was not to happy about.Laughing :lol
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Well done Steve! Looks like we are all getting ready to go. Of course Silverfox probably doesn't have to do a thing given he has one of the best kitted out Land rovers I have ever seen.

And yes, Saturday at the Overland show works for me. Apparently there will be a forum stand near the beer tent, so maybe we can use the stand as a gathering point to get the maps out and then a beer afterwards.
Back to top Go down
colley2.8
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
colley2.8

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:38 am

This is my new truck as it stands. As you can see I have lots to do:shock:
North East Morocco? - Page 10 Null_zps83d5d9bf
Back to top Go down
Silverfox
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:45 pm

Looking good Roamingman, you have been busy. Thanks for the comments about the truck Tembo much appreciated, however there are a few thing still to do. Got a CB radio from Toms mate and am in the middle of fitting that, have derigged my winch and winch bumper and replaced it with a s/h standard LR TD5 bumper that I got shot blasted and have painted it up and fitted, have fitted my steering guard c/w front recovery points because there were all part of the winch bumper and now working on the 2nd alternator installation to charge the Aux battery that is in the back. I'm fitting some LED lights on the sides and back to act as camp lights which will be powered from the Aux battery. Plus still working on the kit stowage in the rear to try and simplify usage as much as possible.

Went to the LR show at the Bath and West show ground the other weekend and met up with James from Overland Junkie who we met at the HUBB show, had a interesting chat with him, he was running a competion to win a weekend trip in Yorkshire, well to cut a long story short I only went and won it so that will really be a great final shake down as it's the weekend before the Overland show.

cheers1  Guys
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:42 pm

It all seems to be coming together nicely, off to France, Andorra and Spain tomorrow for a shakedown trip.
Still trying to reduce the amount of stuff I thought about taking though, dumped the fridge idea as James said at the Hubb if the bikers can get away with the small amount of kit they can carry I should be able to minimise the load to an acceptable level and still survive Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:58 pm

wideformat4x4 wrote:
It all seems to be coming together nicely, off to France, Andorra and Spain tomorrow for a shakedown trip.
Still trying to reduce the amount of stuff I thought about taking though, dumped the fridge idea as James said at the Hubb if the bikers can get away with the small amount of kit they can carry I should be able to minimise the load to an acceptable level and still survive Very Happy 

good advice,,,anything you dont need dont take it .....one fridge between all of you is quite sufficient......thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:23 am

We will have a fridge, don't mind sharing, just looked on a Portugal'es web site and they say you need a licence to use a CB is this right tuggy.

Request for authorization to use the CB Radio in Morocco

Requests for permission to use in Morocco CB Radio, are intended to establish comunicção of socializing within walking distance and only being allowed to work with 40-band channels [26.960 to 27.410] MHz with maximum power of 4 Watts.

The use of CB Radio in Morocco is regulated by ANRT. The ANRT dispatches authorizations for the use of CB and it is therefore necessary to send the completed and signed form and a photocopy of the passport of the responsible group. The use of CB is subject to payment of a fee 600Dhs TTC (€ 54.15) per CB Radio and a month of use. Send by mail the completed form to: ANRT, center d'affaires, BP 2939, Hay Ryad RABAT.

yoda
Back to top Go down
ratrace
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 5:58 am

stuff paying that

hide the unit and the Ariel in the car then get a few miles into Morocco then put it back

You do know u need a licence in this country as well

Do u pay that

I don't
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 8:25 am

ratrace wrote:
stuff paying that

hide the unit and the Ariel in the car then get a few miles into Morocco then put it back

You do know u need a licence in this country as well

Do u pay that

I don't

Has far as I am aware you no longger need a licence in the UK.
I still have one, but have been informed it is no logger required, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
ratrace
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 8:58 am

oh that's good news

never paid it any way
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:59 pm

I have contacted Torra de la Pena Campsite in Tarifa, Spain (the campsite Tuggy recommended for our RV) and have requested reservations for five vehicles for the night of 14 October. I will let everyone know once they confirm. If anyone plans to arrive earlier let me know and I will pass it along. I don't imagine they are all that busy in mid-October but if overland groups sometimes use the place you never know.
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Tembo wrote:
I have contacted Torra de la Pena Campsite in Tarifa, Spain (the campsite Tuggy recommended for our RV) and have requested reservations for five vehicles for the night of 14 October. I will let everyone know once they confirm. If anyone plans to arrive earlier let me know and I will pass it along. I don't imagine they are all that busy in mid-October but if overland groups sometimes use the place you never know.

no you will be fine at that time of year and theres always places......
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 pm

roamingman wrote:
We will have a fridge, don't mind sharing, just looked on a Portugal'es  web site and they say you  need a licence to use a CB is this right tuggy.

Request for authorization to use the CB Radio in Morocco

Requests for permission to use in Morocco CB Radio, are intended to establish comunicção of socializing within walking distance and only being allowed to work with 40-band channels [26.960 to 27.410] MHz with maximum power of 4 Watts.

The use of CB Radio in Morocco is regulated by ANRT. The ANRT dispatches authorizations for the use of CB and it is therefore necessary to send the completed and signed form and a photocopy of the passport of the responsible group. The use of CB is subject to payment of a fee 600Dhs TTC (€ 54.15) per CB Radio and a month of use. Send by mail the completed form to: ANRT, center d'affaires, BP 2939, Hay Ryad RABAT.

yoda

dont even worry about that...they wont even notice it....dont stress getting nowhere fast  ....its morocco you are going to,,,,,,thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 pm

As always, great advice. Thanks Tuggy!
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:36 am

yes thanks tuggy, clinking teacups 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

North East Morocco?
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next