4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

North East Morocco?

Go down 
+11
SafariDude
Silverfox
Mac
roamingman
colley2.8
tuggy
GirlChild
wideformat4x4
Tom Mc
marjal
Tembo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Silverfox
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

North East Morocco? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi Roamingman

That was a surprise to see you yesterday on the A1 heading south. The truck is looking good and really goes, I couldn't keep up with you, well impressed. I had just been up on the North York Moors for a weekend with James from Overland Junkies, had a really good time and used it as a shake down on the truck/packing.

I'll bring the Jerry Can with me for you to the show, don't let me forget to give it to you!!!

Not long now, see you guys all at the show.  clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Just checked out the daylight hours for Morocco as I had it in my head it gets dark around 17.00 this time of year.
Well I'm not usually right and this time is no exception Embarassed

Average day light hours about 11.5 sunrise around 07.30 to 07.50 sundown earliest 18.50 so should allow for plenty of bimbleing around most days Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 am

Lots of daylight...that may come in handy!

I packed Tembo on Sunday. He is pretty much packed for Morocco less a bit of food and fuel. Got my gopro camera mounts sorted and did few test drives around the village. It all looked good and got a homemade windsock for the mic so it isn't just blasting wind noise. So, hopefully a good video will result after we get back. Still need to test my CB installation when we are together at AO to make sure I have got it right and a sneaking suspicion it may need tuning.

John, you and I can ties up our ferry plans on the weekend as well.

I should be arriving Saturday morning before 8am so make sure there is room for me and Tembo at the forum stand.

See you all there!
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 12:18 am

Will do James,
I have packed my SWR meter so we should be able to sort the cb Saturday no worries
Back to top Go down
Kipoku
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Here you are chaps: inspiration.

http://vimeo.com/73605534

Or if link don't work- find 'Vince Urban'- Morocco. Worth the search, it's a fantastic film of Morocco in a Land Rover. Beautiful.

Might see you at the show in Boris the Dancing Hippo and I am leaving for SW Morocco/Western Sahara by tenth Oct.
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:09 am

Very cool video!
Back to top Go down
colley2.8
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
colley2.8

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:09 am

Booked my ferry today Cool 
I leave Portsmouth on the 11th at 17:00 and return on the 4th at 15:15 Very Happy 
Really looking forward to the trip cheers1 
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:52 am

Well guys my trip has begun.
Left home at 19.00 yesterday day took a slow jaunt down to Dover on arrival DFDS offered me an earlier crossing which was nice last time P&O did the same they wanted to charge me £80.

This mornings journey didn't go exactly to plan as 2 road closures and sat nav abnormalities made the trip a little longer.
Next time if the navigators (wife) can stay awake long enough I will go old school and get her on the paper maps.

But all in all a decent trip of around 400 miles to out first stop in the Orne area of France at my friends campsite
We're here till Saturday demolishing the badly constructed kitchen and making way for the fitment of more modern equipment and the opening up of a 300 year old bread oven.

Next stop on Saturday near Montauban in the French Pyrannies for a couple of days. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:01 pm

colley2.8 wrote:
Booked my ferry today Cool 
I leave Portsmouth on the 11th at 17:00 and return on the 4th at 15:15 Very Happy 
Really looking forward to the trip cheers1 
Yep, same as us. Good news....

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 4:38 am

Hi peeps! Exciting times eh?

Just had a call from Yoda/Roamingman/Kevin!!! It seems he left his laptop lead in the Event Office at ADVENTURE OVERLAND, so ...

a) Could anyone passing by Bedworth (between Nuneaton and Coventry) collect it en route?

b) Probably easier as I'm sure you will all have last minute panics far more important than collection leads from me - who can I post this lead to? I see Steve that you won't be catching your ferry until 11th October, but I really have no idea if you'll be leaving earlier to visit friends/relatives en route.

Please PM me if anyone can take receipt of Yoda's laptop lead. Ta!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:53 am

All sorted - Yoda's laptop lead in post today sent to Silverfox. Thanks John.

Any other panics?
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Oh...I am sure there will be. But we won't remember them until about 5 minutes after the ferry departs...

Thanks Tom. First for a great show and for sorting out Yoda. Wish you were still coming along!
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:42 am

Hi all, just have 20 minits left on batery, so thanks to Tom for a great show, and sorting my lead out with John, and a thanks to John for agreeing to bring it down.
We have had a bit of rain on the way down, we are now 2 hours from Portugal and found some sun.

Hope every one has a nice drive down. We missed Gary on the ferry wondered if he had brock down tryed to phone you but could not get through glad you made it ok. clinking teacups 
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Tembo wrote:
Thanks Tom. First for a great show and for sorting out Yoda. Wish you were still coming along!
bawling bawling bawling 

Say no more!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:53 pm

I realise folk are doing their own thing in mainland Europe both before and after, but what dates did you all decide on actually in Morocco?
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Into Morocco on 15 October and out again on the 31st.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:53 am

Did wonder as the ferries stop soon after. You're obviously okay, plenty of time to get back.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:26 am

Got online this evening 9/10 with Dilys tablet nw down in the algave found ap campsite to do some washing
And thought I was back iin the uk place is full of english people. Been very hot today hope we can cope
In Morocco.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:31 am

Just turned cold here mate, make the most of it.
Back to top Go down
colley2.8
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
colley2.8

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Well I have last minute drama!!!!!
Thought everything was going to somthly!!
I am just in the middle of buying a new house and my morgage adviser has lost my driving licence!!!!
I have phoned dvla and ordered a new one and it will be ready for tomorrow morning. The only problem is I now have to drive to Swansea tomorrow morning!!
Can pick it up at 10am so at least I have enough time to make the ferry!!
Last thing I need really!!!
Hopefully that's the last drama of the trip for me Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Well done! Well, like Gary, hopefully that is it for you. I guess now we have to wait and see what John and I come up with...or Yoda and D.
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Going to start a new thread in the current section now that we are on our way. We could shift this one...but given it is already 18 pages we might as well close it and start again. This one can be closed now I think...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

North East Morocco?
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14