4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Lounge Talk

Go down 
+6
Assassin
Chris S
wideformat4x4
onlyMark
Tom Mc
Jas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

Lounge Talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lounge Talk   Lounge Talk - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 am

I was shocked.

This morning there was a heavy frost and the roads around here were Iced up pretty good.

On my way to work I came across a Nissan Xtrail on road slicks, stuck in the road at the bottom of a small hill with a new shape defender pulled up on top. I got out to see If they needed any help and It turned out that the LR owner was wanting the Nissan owner to admit that his "Land Rover" was far better than his Nissan before he pulled it out.

No joke he really did insist that the Nissan owner say this. Long story short I told the LR driver to censored off, offered assistance to the Nissan owner and calmed the man down trying to convince him that us 4x4 owners are not all like that!

What a scumbag for someone to insist that he recognised he had a "so called" better vehicle instead of just offering him aid, where has the 4x4 comradely gone????

TJ
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Lounge Talk   Lounge Talk - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Well TJ, thats the attitude a number of LR drivers have unfortunately, it makes me feel glad the LR owners on here are not of that ilk and that we all respect others choices of vehicles, but will tolerate a bit of inoffensive ribbing in good humour and without malice.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Lounge Talk   Lounge Talk - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:25 pm

What a plonker! Banter is great, but insisting the guy says that 'my toy is better than your toy' is ridiculous. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing, shame the LR driver can't realise this basic fact.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Lounge Talk   Lounge Talk - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
What a plonker! Banter is great, but insisting the guy says that 'my toy is better than your toy' is ridiculous. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing, shame the LR driver can't realise this basic fact.

Im hearing ya.

Both the vehicles were nice clean trucks but that attitude was not necessary. The Nissan owner was in disbelief, so was I.

I got nothing against the LR's and most the LR owners on here seem like good folk, but I find it irritating when these owners give the rest of us specifically the most popular UK 4x4, the Land Rover owners, a bad name.

90% of the year 4x4's are slated by the government and other green agency's of organisations. Winter is when we NEED to be showing our support in the community, from towing vehicles to getting the neighbour in to town so he can get some food and supplies. We don't need to be censored about like this.

TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lounge Talk   Lounge Talk - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lounge Talk
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5