4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Cooking gear ie pots & pans

Go down 
+13
tuggy
Denty
mugwump
RLD
roamingman
gemini
Hillbilly Raider
wideformat4x4
lou1661
delica
Chris S
Tom Mc
Vixen
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
delica
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
delica

Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:07 am

We have seasoned our Chinese as well, but after 8 years we have decider to get rid of it.
We have one casserole which was made before first war/ 1905/ and taste of food was completely different then from cheap Chinese s...t.

Now we have Lodge and cooking and food is gorgeous.
Did you try to cook same food in Chinese cast iron and any other proper cast iron cookware?
Back to top Go down
http://www.delicajourney.webnode.cz
Vixen
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:35 pm

delica wrote:
We have seasoned our Chinese as well, but after 8 years we have decider to get rid of it.
We have one casserole which was made before first war/ 1905/ and taste of food was completely different then from cheap Chinese s...t.

Now we have Lodge and cooking and food is gorgeous.
Did you try to cook same food in Chinese cast iron and any other proper cast iron cookware?

No to be honest, but it still didn't taste any different from what was cooked in my stainless kitchen saucepans, and why would I spend 5 times the money to get the same effect? Very Happy I've been using the one I have for almost 30yrs (maybe cheap Chinese stuff was better back then eh?)

Beside the point though really, I was going to show what I ended up with. Not ideally what I would prefer, but for gas only cooking will do well enough for now. Like I said, don't like the handles but have a pot gripper on the way so all is well

Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 P1020497

Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 P1020498

and I have just bought a 1 litre kettle off ebay for my cuppa when out on day trips Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Not sure of the make we had, but the handells were the same as the ones you bought,
but with the set we had all the coating on the inside came of after a while, Dilys put some
holes in the bottom and used them for plant pots. clinking teacups

Hope yours are better than ours, lol!
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 am

as any one used a diesel stove came across this military one allso will run on anything

Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 4_lrg
Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:21 am

Came across this website thought it might be helpful Very Happy

http://www.touring-gear.com/categories/Camping-Kitchen/

Derek
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 am

mugwump wrote:
Came across this website thought it might be helpful Very Happy

http://www.touring-gear.com/categories/Camping-Kitchen/

Derek

He's a good bloke to deal with
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Denty
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 am

this is one of my set-ups
Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 St%20Ives%20Apr11%20011

Tripod from Landiepod specially modifed to fit across the back of my 90 (thanks Steve)
Dutch Oven from Ronnie Sunshines - believe chinese made but used for Moroccan, Thai and Indian food so no problems with flavour tainting!!!

Is also used on the Coleman double petrol burner and the cheapo briefcase gas burner with no probs
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

See your dog's in the background patiently waiting for his dinner! Wire-haired terrier?

Regarding "Touring Gear", I've known the guys there for a number of years now and can honestly say they are everything you would want from a company - a good reputation, knowledgeable, honest when quizzed about products, and they sell quality gear. Never heard a bad word said about them in fact, something that over the course of a decade has to be a fair indicator. Recommend them to anyone! cheers
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:13 am

See your dog's in the background patiently waiting for his dinner! Wire-haired terrier?

no that was the main corse,,,,just couldnt catch it,,,,,,, lol!
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:20 am

He's certainly staying a safe distance - just in case. affraid
Back to top Go down
Denty
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:25 pm

He's a miniature Yorkshire Terrier.

He keeps his distance from cooking fires ever since when as a puppy we placed a tin of steamed treacle pudding on the edges of the fire to see if it would cook successfully. It didnt - the tin exploded shooting its contents in all directions including the dog!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Denty wrote:
He's a miniature Yorkshire Terrier.

He keeps his distance from cooking fires ever since when as a puppy we placed a tin of steamed treacle pudding on the edges of the fire to see if it would cook successfully. It didnt - the tin exploded shooting its contents in all directions including the dog!! Embarassed

I had a foreman on nights that heated his tinned beans and sausages on the cooker in the bait room. We kept telling him it would explode. It did one night as he answered the phone.
We all took turns going in and watching him trying to clean beans off the walls.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:31 pm

What is it about beans - internally or externally they seem to explode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs

Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:29 am

dude,,,,,classic,,,,, adore
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
brian1234
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re:Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:12 pm

While buying a non stick cookware, the first thing that needs to be checked is the coating which is used.Non stick cookwares coated with Teflon is harmful for Human Body. It has a substance called Carcinogen which can initiate cancer. There are several coating which are 100% natural.Ecolon is one of them. Neoflam is manufacturing non stick cookwares coated with Ecolon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cookthepart.com
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 am

brian1234 wrote:
While buying a non stick cookware, the first thing that needs to be checked is the coating which is used.Non stick cookwares coated with Teflon is harmful for Human Body. It has a substance called Carcinogen which can initiate cancer. There are several coating which are 100% natural.Ecolon is one of them. Neoflam is manufacturing non stick cookwares coated with Ecolon.

Hi & welcome to the Forum.
Back to top Go down
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:00 am

My 10.quid tesco set is still going strong after several years. But then so are my 5 for a quid poundland bowls :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:24 pm

My stainless one i made over 25 years ago in stainless steel from conveyor roller linings is also going strong, just a few more dents in it.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:25 pm

How did you make it? Did you weld SS?
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Yes, welding stainless steel is very easy if you use the correct equipment. You can use standard arc (stick) welding with compatible rods, MIG with compatible MIG wire and argon shielding gas, and TIG with argon gas and the correct DC machine.
I have all three, and my employers of that time also had all three.
Back to top Go down
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 pm

cool stuff :-) dafy question but using the methods above, do you get a stainless weld?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Of course you get a stainless weld, thats the reason you use a compatible welding rod or wire. Mine used a stainless steel called T316, so you use a 316 stainless rod for arc welding, for MIG you use 316 wire, and for TIG you use a 316 filler wire.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooking gear ie pots & pans   Cooking gear ie pots & pans - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cooking gear ie pots & pans
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2