4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Terracan Bushes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

Terracan Bushes Empty
PostSubject: Terracan Bushes   Terracan Bushes EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:19 am

I am replacing my suspension bushes in the next fue weeks. I can get the OEM bushes from hyundai for a reasonable price.
Is it worth paying slightly more and getting a more dureable aftermarket bush???

Anyone got any?

Jas
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Terracan Bushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terracan Bushes   Terracan Bushes EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:48 pm

It is worth getting the polyurethane bushes as they are not affected in the same way rubber bushes are with fuel, oil, dirt, and even warm or cold temperatures.

Be careful when buying though, each individual bushed component has a "Shore" rating, basically this is its hardness or compliance, and each component has a different shore rating, shock absorbers shore ratings will be different to the anti roll bar bushes shore ratings.
Many aftermarket suppliers supply uprated shore rated bushes, and they will all be the same shore rating, irrespective of whether they are for a shocker, anti roll bar, or bottom suspension arm, these uprated bushes will often make the suspension less compliant, and the ride harsher as they transmit more vibrations then the original shore ratings. Less compliance in a 4X4 suspension is a definate no-no when it needs its compliance, and the extra noise and vibration on longer or high speed journeys can be tiresome and irritating.

Stick to the market leaders of polyurethane bushes, they may be more expensive, but they will provide standard and uprated variants of the poly bushes, and they will come as a kit with each component marked for its specific application, and also consider once poly bushes are fitted they are there for life, so a little more cost is nothing.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Terracan Bushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terracan Bushes   Terracan Bushes EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:19 am

Thanks for that. I have been looking at super pro recently. They can supply bushes for my vehicle (shogun mk2), so i will probably go with these in a fue weeks. Super Pro seemed to have good reviews on the net.
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

Terracan Bushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terracan Bushes   Terracan Bushes EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:47 am

I've got superpro on the 90 and so far they have been holding up great.

Not cheap but they have a good warranty and they are easy to fit compared to standard fit metalastic bushes (on a LR anyway).

Fit and forget - alwaysa good thing in my book thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Sponsored content

Terracan Bushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terracan Bushes   Terracan Bushes Empty

Back to top Go down

Terracan Bushes
Page 1 of 1