4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ralphhardwick
Rookie
Rookie
ralphhardwick

ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017   ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 5:31 am

Thanks for your comment.

I thought I had been quite clear as to what my 'gripe' was.  Or, to be more accurate 'gripes', so I shall not repeat them again other than to say that over £100 for "what was on offer" was IMHO not good value.

I posted the information on here because I knew that this was Tom's forum and that he cannot receive emails.

It was an event open to the public so it seemed only right that any feedback should also be public.  I don't see anyone objecting to public positive comments being posted.

I added a comment on the facebook post referring to this thread as Tom was 'active' on facebook at that time and I was hoping for a response.

To finish, I would simply point out that I have not simply complained to each other I have come onto here, a place where the 'management' frequents, and laid out some critical feedback.  I have stated openly that I hope that this event could thrive and grow and my comments were meant to stimulate discussion and action that would prevent others feeling the same way at the next show.

To use your phrase "Sorry if you think this is a little defensive". It is defensive because the content of your post warrants it.

By the way your link to 4x4eurotours leads to a blank page
Back to top Go down
http://www.overland-rovers.com
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017   ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 7:05 am

[quote="

To use your phrase "Sorry if you think this is a little defensive". It is defensive because the content of your post warrants it.

By the way your link to 4x4eurotours leads to a blank page[/quote]

It was a little apologetic but then I was try to apologize for anybody trying to run an event for the general public who are in the main happy to go with the flow.

I'm thinking by the timbre of you reply if you were recumbent being fed grapes by a hand maiden being fanned by a large man with a palm leaf you would complain of a draft !

The 4x4eurotours link is only accessible to close friend and customers.
Back to top Go down
ralphhardwick
Rookie
Rookie
ralphhardwick

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017   ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 7:11 am

I'm afraid that reply makes no sense to me what so ever. I suggest that in future you check what you have written before posting.

The info regarding your link was simple meant to be of help. In case you weren't aware.

As you are going to resort to insults I shall now bow out of this thread unless Tom responds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.overland-rovers.com
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017   ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 pm

An interesting debate. Again, limited wi-fi as I'm still on the road. Personally I won't be commenting until I know where I'm living - a roof over one's head is a bit of a priority! "Times They Are a-Changin".

Also it's been a bit of a hectic - no, 'manic' few weeks, so I have to say my brain needs some time out to recupperate. Time to use an emoticon I don't think I've ever used before ...

computer-22

How apt!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017   ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, England 23-24 September 2017
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2