Today we had the RAC send us a nice email, on the last Friday before Christmas whilst we are in Colombia, to tell us that they have written to our bank to make a claim on our Bank Guarantee for a carnet used in 2012 -2013.
They did not tell us a claim had been made,
They did not allow us to defend the claim
They did not notify us before approaching our bank to claim the guarantee
They told us they don't send letters any more and just communicate by email (they were unable to provide any copies of emails to us), last year they told me they only communicate by post lol
We spoke to them last year when they withdrew the Bank Guarantee without notice, RAC Improved Carnet service & 10% off your Carnet | Overland Sphere - Overland Travel Forum & Information
They promised to improve their service, it seems to me its just going downhill.
With all of this we want to send a message to the RAC and would ask if you would sign and share our Petition on change.org
Sign this petition,
- show the RAC we want to be treated better,
- to break the monopoly that the RAC has,
- to have a free market in Europe and across the world on Carnets
- to make the RAC allow you to use other Carnet issuers without barriers
- to force the RAC to actually make contact or make all reasonable efforts to contact you prior to making a claim
Many thanks for your support!