4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Proud Terracan owner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin Africa
Rookie
Rookie

Proud Terracan owner Empty
PostSubject: Proud Terracan owner   Proud Terracan owner EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:01 am

Hi to All,
I start by saing thank you for the forum. Briliant ideea. I leave in South Africa and I do have a Terracan 2.9DT Auto model 2004. At beggining of May this year I will leave Durban, South Africa and I will drive to Europe. I am verry excited.
I did some modifications and I am sharing with you all. Suspention Old Man EMU, Bash Plate, New front Bumper and back Bumper with Spare weel carrier, made by order by a company called Lynx 4x4, TJM Snorkel..( Looks GOOOD), Roof Rack.
I am shoping around for 6 BF Goodridge all terrain. Today I did change the Battery, it last me 4 years the old one...I did fit a DELTEC VARTA 100A/h.
And after all this , yesterday the " engen ceck" light came on and staid ON. I did go to my mecanic and he plug it on the laptop and appeard 9 faults. Crying or Very sad P1640: P1611: P 0600 and all the 4 injectors. The car is runing well. The light is not on anymore. We decide to change the main relay. The problem is .....were is located?????? Embarassed Any one knows were I can find the relay or what experience you had with this .
I will post some pictures with the Terracan ...and I do have a blogg.....the address for the blog in 7 days I am working on the blog...is it not finish yet.
Please forgive the speling, english is not my first language......
Back to top Go down
http://www.drumuriafricane.blogspot.com
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Proud Terracan owner   Proud Terracan owner EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 am

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see another Terracan Owner, tom is going to just love this.......

To be honest your spelling is better than most people from the British isle.

For Terracan fault codes have a look at this section I just updated: http://www.4x4overlandtravel.com/t797-terracan-fault-codes#6094

There is an owner on this forum who had an injector problem on his Terracan unit, that he ended up replacing.
The engine light on the dash can mean lots of things, its not that specific. Check all the usual signs, oil level, make sure there is not water in the fuel filter.
If you have just changed over the battery and you have a faulty sensor this could be giving false readings.

We look forward to the pics of your beloved vehicle. Glad to hear of another Terracan owner getting out and about.
Also post up reports and pics of any places you have been to or visited.

Jason

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Proud Terracan owner   Proud Terracan owner EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 am

Terracan Jas wrote:
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see another Terracan Owner, tom is going to just love this.......
What??? Another terror owner!!! affraid

No problem Martin, you're more than welcome here. Each to their own, and bit of banter with the Landy owners is no bad thing - keeps us on our toes! Post in the Japanese 4x4 section and swap information and tips, you can chat away as much as you want.

Where are you intending to go when you drive up to Europe?

Last edited by Tom Mc on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Proud Terracan owner   Proud Terracan owner EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Post in the Japanese 4x4 section and swap information and tips, you can chat away as much as you went.

He means "Vehicles – Other marques" as its technically Korean......

Jas
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Proud Terracan owner   Proud Terracan owner EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:55 am

Yeah, to be honest I completely forgot about that. Maybe originally I should have created an Asian vehicle section, everything from Mahindras and Tatas through to the Mongolian Yak. What, you never heard of that marque??? :o

Come to think of it, with the amount of 4x4's the Chinese are producing these days, it won't be too long before you can say ... "never a truer word spoken in jest".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proud Terracan owner   Proud Terracan owner Empty

Back to top Go down

Proud Terracan owner
Page 1 of 1