4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

hello from an iveco owner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

hello from an iveco owner Empty
PostSubject: hello from an iveco owner   hello from an iveco owner EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:16 am

Thought I'd better introduce myself.

I've run a couple over overland vehicles. The 1st was a Landrover 101 called 'Tiggurr' that was modified for overland travel, diesel engine, camper conversion, unimog wheels & tyres and a detriot locker.

Tiggurr took us to Tunisia, Libya , Morocco , Iceland and few closer to home tours. I sold him a couple of years ago as due to getting a back injury, i needed a vehicle I could stand up in properly.

So I bought Thumper, an Iveco Turbo Daily 40-10w 4x4. Diff locks in both axles, selectable 4x4, fully equipped as a camper. Over the last couple of years I've been slowly doing it up a it was built in '91 to travel africa & australia.

Due to getting diagnosed with a nasty medical condition its delayed our plans a bit but recovering now and we plan trips to central asia and africa (west coast route). and a recent interest in Romania as we are gaining romanian family members.

I've also driven hired vehicles around SA, Lesotho and botswana

https://i.servimg.com/u/f41/17/31/05/34/rhc-2010.jpg

Cheers

rich
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: hello from an iveco owner   hello from an iveco owner EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:10 am

Hello & Welcome to the Forum!

Sound like you have been here and there. Keep us posted on any trips planned or completed! Glad to have an Iveco Owner on this forum! thumbsup

Jason
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: hello from an iveco owner   hello from an iveco owner EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 am

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: hello from an iveco owner   hello from an iveco owner EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:41 pm

An official welcome from me too Rich. cheers

Yep, that orange & black striped 101FC was really recognisable. Suprised the other 101FC pictured alongside you was painted olive drab. As I'm sure you are well aware (hence your colour scheme), military colours like that are definitely not to be recommend when travelling anywhere outside Central Europe - it just invites trouble.
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: hello from an iveco owner   hello from an iveco owner EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 am

Tom Mc wrote:
An official welcome from me too Rich. cheers

Yep, that orange & black striped 101FC was really recognisable. Suprised the other 101FC pictured alongside you was painted olive drab. As I'm sure you are well aware (hence your colour scheme), military colours like that are definitely not to be recommend when travelling anywhere outside Central Europe - it just invites trouble.

The green one spends alot of time in scotland so it has different needs - wildcamping in scotland its just the right colour.

I'm sure you recognised that we were in iceland so about as far west as you can get in europe bounce
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: hello from an iveco owner   hello from an iveco owner EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:08 am

Fair enough, I did wonder?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from an iveco owner   hello from an iveco owner Empty

Back to top Go down

hello from an iveco owner
Page 1 of 1