4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Tents wot you got?

Go down 
+28
GirlChild
chrissue
Steve UK
spider
andy-lightweight
rustyrhinos
andyk
mugwump
JSG
RLD
gemini
Stoo
landy andy
wideformat4x4
Jas
roamingman
Chris S
chally2
MrLeadfoot
Mac
Vixen
Assassin
tuggy
4x4overlander
Hillbilly Raider
Tom Mc
horacebat
Reddisco
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tents wot you got?   Tents wot you got? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 pm

chrissue wrote:
hello
here is my rooftent.Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Sue_s_14
It's a bit heavy toget on to roof(wife's only got one good arm)but it's realy well made
Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Sue_s_15

PS. by the way i went for that job in the village,there short one Idiot. idea

yea i had an overland the same as yours,,,,it was an excellent tent,,,easy to put up and pack away,,,,, thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Hilux4x4
Rookie
Rookie
Hilux4x4

PostSubject: Re: Tents wot you got?   Tents wot you got? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 am

I was looking at all the different RTT tents on the LRO shows and the one that we liked the most was the Howling Moon 1.4 Tourer with the Annex. I then manage to get a second hand one from Trek Overland (which I paid way to much for getting nowhere fast ) The wife loves the annex as its like a big extra room.

It works well for me so far.

[img]Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Yorksh11[/img]
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Tents wot you got?   Tents wot you got? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:34 am

A bit off topic, but I seem to notice a number of ex-Sarf Efricans here, judging by the flags.

I too, am an ex Sarf Erican cheers1
Back to top Go down
Naasswart
Rookie
Rookie
Naasswart

PostSubject: Re: Tents wot you got?   Tents wot you got? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:01 am

I like the idea of setting up the camp quickly, soIbought an Oztent RV5 and have not regretted the purchase for one second. Hope this helps you in some way.
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Tents wot you got?   Tents wot you got? - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Hi, I've just been looking thru the Forum and came across this thread.

Amazing how many different tents etc there are now. About ten years ago I could'nt find one that had the extra privacy awning (for the wife to do her thing in private) so I set about disigning and making my own. The canvas had to be stiched by a professional so I got a guy that done repairs for Conway trailer tents to make it up for me.

The design and practibillity was great but it was the full length of the roof so completely replaced the roof rack, to some this would be a problem but not to the ladies wanting their comfort.

I actually had 10 tents made up as it seemed a good idae at the time, production cost was around £1200 so not a good seller once a bit was put on for the build and profit. They all sold eventually, a couple even shipped out to South Africa, and I've seen them at Billing up to the last show.

Here's a couple of pics with one on my 110 and as you can see, there are many configurations that can be used.

Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Tent110
Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Tent210
Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Tent310
Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Tent410
Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Tent510
Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Tent610
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tents wot you got?   Tents wot you got? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:08 am

Yep, a big risk investing in 10 tents. It's all the promotion that goes with it that's the killer, the result of which is that any potential profit gets swallowed up in advertising the product. Shame, but as you say - it seemed like a good idea at the time. Story of my life! Rolling Eyes

BTW ... brilliant photo of the 110 in the dunes. Take away the roof tent and awning, it could at first glance pass for a Paris-Dakar racer! clapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tents wot you got?   Tents wot you got? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tents wot you got?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5