4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Discovery 1 springs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudslingger
Cleaner
Cleaner

Discovery 1 springs  Empty
PostSubject: Discovery 1 springs    Discovery 1 springs  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:27 am

Looking to replace the springs on my disco I want a set for 2 inch lift quite hard as roof rack tank,steering guard and kitted out any suggestion welcome not terafirma had bad experiance with them
Back to top Go down
http://www.drivingbeyond.com
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

PostSubject: Re: Discovery 1 springs    Discovery 1 springs  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:18 am

Old Man Emu
Back to top Go down
boyo
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Discovery 1 springs   Discovery 1 springs  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:52 pm

I have just changed from air suspension to springs all round on my Disco 2 and used Bearmach H/D springs and Tuf Back H/D shocks and with a 2" lift. I also changed the rear anti-roll bar and fitted the X-Eng Deflex kit which really stiffens it all up but has a switch which allows the anti-roll bar to dislocate and allows full articulation of the suspension for off-road use, you really do get the best of both worlds. I can through the disco into some tight corners and she stays fully upright, no more pretending to be a boat!!!
There is a photo of the X-Eng kit fitted one of the photo's of a 110 coming to the overland show.
Back to top Go down
Mudslingger
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: Discovery 1 springs    Discovery 1 springs  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Cheers was thinking about x eng for anti roll as I want to be able to keep the stability on long road trips going to morocco in April and doing the 1500 miles road trip to Spain
Back to top Go down
http://www.drivingbeyond.com
diesel_jim
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
diesel_jim

PostSubject: Re: Discovery 1 springs    Discovery 1 springs  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:07 am

I would just leave the standard antiroll bars in place. unless you're doing extreme events where every cm of axle travel counts, then you will hardly notice they're there. I have them front and back on my 110 and get plenty enough travel, and it drives nicely on the road too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discovery 1 springs    Discovery 1 springs  Empty

Back to top Go down

Discovery 1 springs
Page 1 of 1