4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Breath test France

Go down 
+2
maadmaan10
Hillbilly Raider
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:56 am

All you need to know about this new law and where to buy kits

www.alpinerovers.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinerovers.com
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks for that matey - very useful if you weren't aware! Hope you don't mind but I have copied it to fourwheeldriveclub forum as wuite a lot of them go to France.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:57 pm

NOT AT ALL ..ARE THEY ALSO AWARE OF THE THE NEW SPEED CAMERAS?

All,

As the French ploice have opened the new season for those of us who are out on the road, and apart from the breath analyzer, the hi-viz vests, the spare bulbs and all the rest, they now have some new toys.

These new camera-units are much smaller than before, take all 3 or 4 lanes, have an IR flash option and some 2,000 extra units have been issued to the forces.

What is new and really worrying is the "speed check on while the move" whereby the police vehicle drives alond and measures you while overtaking them. Only give away is the ""flash port" on the back of the car. The on board radar, gps & computer measure it all and decide that you drive too fast and triggers the camera.

Esp. on downhill stretches where 90 km/h is often the limited, it is very easy to speed and 2 km/h too fast is a € 90,-fine.

You have been warned !

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Just like Britain it has very little to do with safety, more about increasing the coffers. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:07 pm

its not just the tarmac roads
Access to lanes is getting more and more difficult
... and thanks to the few $#^%$#^ that ignore anything, the process goes faster and faster

France is about to ban vehicles from another 5,000 kms. of lanes and it doesn' t seem to stop there. In this region alone another 800 kms. are lost from July 1 onwards and plans are there to have another 2,000 kms closed next year.

And because there is no money to put sings up, visitors could be in for nasty surprises as the fines have gone up to well over 500 Euros... And not seeing a sign is no excuse for the money hungry Police...
Back to top Go down
lost-world-adventures
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
lost-world-adventures

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am

how true this is I dont know

I heard that a club had had there vehicle impounded in france for that very reason

they had gone over there to do some laning but there was about 15 of them and allegedly the lanes had been damaged.

they were fined but couldnt pay so there vehicles were impounded until they paid the fines.

I hav'nt seen this anywhere else but I didnt dismiss it as it could happen, more and more lanes in the uk are getting shut and more and more people are going to france, so I imagine the north of france especially is getting feed up with it.

I did notice last year in the Alps it was very busy on the trails, the Pyrenees not so much we would travel all day without seeing another vehicle (except the Val de Aran which is like the M25) , but that may just be down to Map availability.

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:16 am

It's for this very reason that I never post on forums the routes I have travelled. Yes I would like to tell folk of amazing experiences and beautiful places/views en route, but I also don't want to let the cat out of the bag for fear of the routes being overrun. It's difficult!

A good example is Andorra. Not once have I said which route I use in and out, but increasingly I see the very same route banded around the forums, messageboards and chat rooms so loads of folk know about it now; very frustrating and annoying. Evil or Very Mad

I realise this particular route has been around for centuries as history proves it's always been used for 'dubious' purposes (I don't even want to call it by its more popular title ... I'm sure you can guess), but when it was a mule track word of mouth tended to spread somewhat slower then nowadays.

I tell you, we're running out of off-road tracks and the process is accelerating all the while. It ain't good people! No
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 pm

The main reason for many routes being closed is much more sinister, its not about lanes being damaged, illegal off roading, or any of the other excuses used in many cases; its about the covert EU policy of getting people out of cars and onto public transport.

Rather than go into specific details (unfortunately due to various legals) I would suggest people do their research and post their findings and conclusions on the site.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 pm

"getting people out of cars and onto public transport"

Doesn't surprise me in the least. No

Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
"getting people out of cars and onto public transport"

Doesn't surprise me in the least. No

Do not mind using public transport but we have one bus that comes into village at ten past nine and then you have to change at the next village five miles away then the earliest I would get to work about 10.15(normal start 9). There is no return bus to the village so would have to walk/cycle home along a busy road, gave up cycling in this country years ago far too dangerous. The cost of this is about £8.50 a day although I can buy a saver card for £15 a week. Using public transport is totally impractable and I can not see the cash strapped councils improving the bus services or the roads around here. clinking teacups

As I said I do not mind public transport but I do object to what I like to spend my hard earned money on being stopped by governments and various groups, who seem to decide for me how I legally spend my spare time.

Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:41 pm

"Rather than go into specific details (unfortunately due to various legals) I would suggest people do their research and post their findings and conclusions on the site"

Research from Wikipedia I am now feeling very paranoid scratching chin

United Kingdom

A bank of seven Closed-circuit television cameras monitoring people exiting Birmingham New Street Station, a major British railway station.
At the end of 2006, the UK was described by the Surveillance Studies Network as being 'the most surveilled country' among the industrialized Western states.[5]

On 6 February 2009 a report by the House of Lords Constitution Committee, Surveillance: Citizens and the State,[6] warned that increasing use of surveillance by the government and private companies is a serious threat to freedoms and constitutional rights, stating that "The expansion in the use of surveillance represents one of the most significant changes in the life of the nation since the end of the Second World War. Mass surveillance has the potential to erode privacy. As privacy is an essential pre-requisite to the exercise of individual freedom, its erosion weakens the constitutional foundations on which democracy and good governance Mobile phone tracking

Some shopping centres have tracked customers through mobile phone signals. A system can tell when people enter the centre, how long they stay in a particular shop, and what route each customer takes. The system works by monitoring the signals produced by mobile handsets and then locating the phone by triangulation.[24]

Vehicle tracking

Swiss European surveillance: facial recognition and vehicle make, model, color and license plate reader. In Germany and Switzerland the systems are near universal
Main article: Police-enforced ANPR in the UK

Across the country efforts are increasingly under way to track closely all road vehicle movements, initially using a nationwide network of roadside cameras connected to automatic number plate recognition systems. These track, record and store the details of all journeys undertaken on major roads and through city centres and the information is stored for five years. In the longer term mandatory onboard vehicle telematics systems are also suggested, to facilitate road charging (see vehicle excise duty).
have traditionally been based in this country."

European Union

The legislative body of the European Union passed the Data Retention Directive on 2005-12-15. It requires telecommunication operators to implement mass surveillance of the general public through retention of metadata on telecommunications and to keep the collected data at the disposal of various governmental bodies for substantially long times.[clarification needed] Access to this information is not required to be limited to investigation of serious crimes, nor is a warrant required for access.

Further information: Government databases and INDECT

Undertaken under the Seventh Framework Programme for research and technological development (FP7 - Science in Society[57]) some multidisciplinary and mission oriented mass surveillance activities (for example INDECT and HIDE) are funded by the European Commission[58] in association with industrial partners.[59][60][61]

Wikinews has related news: Listening to you at last: EU plans to tap cell phones

The INDECT Project ("Intelligent information system supporting observation, searching and detection for security of citizens in urban environment") develops an intelligent urban environment observation system to register and exchange operational data for the automatic detection, recognition and intelligent processing of all information of abnormal behaviour or violence.

The main expected results of the INDECT project are:
implementation of a distributed computer system that is capable of acquisition, storage and effective sharing on demand of the data
devices used for mobile object tracking
a search engine for fast detection of persons and documents based on watermarking technology used for semantic search
agents assigned to continuous and automatic monitoring of public resources such as CCTV, websites, Internet forums, usenet newsgroups, file servers, P2P networks and individual computer systems

The consortium HIDE ("Homeland Security, Biometric Identification & Personal Detection Ethics"), devoted to monitoring the ethical and privacy implications of biometrics and personal detection technologies and promoted by the European Commission develops ADABTS ("Automatic Detection of Abnormal Behaviour and Threats in crowded Spaces"), a low-cost pro-active surveillance system to detect potential abnormal behaviour in crowded spaces

Conlusion if more people use public transport then we are easier to track doh
Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 pm

[Some shopping centres have tracked customers through mobile phone signals. A system can tell when people enter the centre, how long they stay in a particular shop, and what route each customer takes. The system works by monitoring the signals produced by mobile handsets and then locating the phone by triangulation.]
ILLEGAL WITHOUT A COURT ORDER

[The main reason for many routes being closed is much more sinister, its not about lanes being damaged, illegal off roading, or any of the other excuses used in many cases; its about the covert EU policy of getting people out of cars and onto public transport.]
WORSE THAN THAT - I have dealings with a council (which I obviously can't name) and I was recently told by a staff member that "they will close all BOATS within 5 years - it's an internal order" (politics) mad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breath test France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breath test France   Breath test France Empty

Back to top Go down

Breath test France
Page 1 of 1