4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town  Empty
PostSubject: African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town    African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:08 pm

I received the following email from a chap down near Cape Town. Always one to help out a fellow overlander, not to mention help get a fledgling business get off the ground, I have added his website to an advertising link top of the forum page. It can stay there free of charge until I need the space for something else. The site opens 8th May 2011 and fact he mentions FREE CAMPING in the short term helps too!!! Wink

Hi Tom

I am hoping you will be able to help me, I am starting an overland camp site in Gordons Bay close to Cape Town. Having overlanded myself several times through Africa and spoken to many people I have decided it is a good investment and an enjoyable way to spend my future.

I have the land, the house and the website (www.africanoverlanders.com) BUT I now need to get the customers coming to my door, I think the people will come when they see the full service we are offering but they need to know about us first. Is it possible to either put up some advertising on your site or to do a mail drop to everyone. I am offering free camping to anybody who contacts me they have to pay for the electrical hook ups and hopefully the word will spread. If I am successful we may be able to keep this going permanently and we will make the money from storage and transportation.

Hope to hear from you with any thoughts

Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://4x4overlandtravel.com
happydunk
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Just to say and welcome   African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi my name is Duncan and I am the person who is setting up African Overlanders.

Please have a look at our website and we hope to welcome you to Gordons Bay on your trip.

Thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town    African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Welcome Duncan! Very Happy

So your venture is up and running? Best of luck with it, sounds like a great idea. I have already contaced a couple of overlanders who are heading down your way, doubtless you'll hear from them in due course. I shall continue to spread the word wherever possible.

I realise it may be obvious, but I'll say it anyway just in case it hasn't been thought of - my suggestion would be to start trawling the net either for those either planning a trip to the Cape or those already on the road. With so many folk nowadays having websites, personal blogs and diaries they update regularly, or members of travel forums such as this they will drop in at weekly intervals to update the regulars on progress, that by contacting them via email or forum PM's you can let them know of your existence. Knowing there will be a welcoming "overlander's site" waiting for them at journey's end will be music to their ears.

As for this forum, we love photos of overlanders and their vehicles, so by all means post up anything unusual that happens along. Campers come in all shapes and sizes, so the more the merrier. Cheers, and again best of British (so to speak). cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town    African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town  Empty

Back to top Go down

African Overlanders campsite near Cape Town
Page 1 of 1