Well, I suppose it is time for another update....probably the biggest job done was to pull out the complete aftermarket suspension and replace it with a OE set up. I know this goes against the trend that most everyone normally signs up to...lifting, lowering, gas shocks, tubular shock mounts, dislocation cones....etc, etc...but it had to be done.
When I got Tembo six years ago and was getting it ready for certification (a Canadian version of an MOT) it needed new shocks. The shop owner had a full set of OE shocks he had swapped out for another customer and I snapped them up. Those shocks and original military springs has taken Tembo to three continents now and pretty comfortably across fields of head-sized boulders, sand, rock, mud and tar. For most things (except electrics) I always thought the engineers at LR who spent years testing everything, probably came up with an optimal general set up. Since Pumba is a daily driver as well as a future overland vehicle, it needs a general use suspension. Especially since it is not being loaded down with bolt on bits.
So Pumba sits about 1.5" lower now...back to OE ride height and feels much more comfortable on the road. It was a long day of work with lots of grinding, grunting, banged knuckles and a sore back...but worth it.
"We've got a date with Destiny...and she's ordered the lobster!"