4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

UK to Namibia 2015

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
antmc5
Rookie
Rookie

UK to Namibia 2015 Empty
PostSubject: UK to Namibia 2015   UK to Namibia 2015 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:52 am

Hi,
My wife and i are planning an trip to Namibia in our range rover been really struggling getting facts together on some information. any advice on the questions below or answers would be great thanks.

Can anybody tell me if the have shipped a land rover to Namibia and back from anywhere in the uk?

Can you tell me costs/ any red tape?

What shipping company did you use?

and any other helpful advice?

Thanks,
Tony
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

UK to Namibia 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK to Namibia 2015   UK to Namibia 2015 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 10:26 am

Welcome Tony & SWMBO! cheers

Not my part of the world although would love to go there, I'm sure somebody will be along soon to advise.
Back to top Go down
GirlChild
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
GirlChild

UK to Namibia 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK to Namibia 2015   UK to Namibia 2015 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:34 am

Hello there!

Such a truly wonderful part of the world. If you need information on what to see and where to stay, do check out our blog, and download the fact sheet and GPS waypoint files.

How long are you planning on travelling for?

Nambia is one part of the world which is very easy to hire a fully kitted 4x4 for travel in the region (and travel to South Africa, Botswana as well). I think I wrote a post a couple of years back that discussed hiring a vehicle (somewhere in the wealth of information on the forum!) I'll have a look for the link ...

I know someone on the forum I chatted to a few years back looked into the cost of hiring versus the cost of shopping a vehicle twice.

kind regards
African GirlChild
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape.net
GirlChild
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
GirlChild

UK to Namibia 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK to Namibia 2015   UK to Namibia 2015 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:09 am

Just did a little check:

Gemini / Transnamib are the people who chatted about shipping a vehicle to Namibia. Seems like MACS are the people to contact in the UK. 2 years ago the cost one way was approx. GBP2,600.

Still trying to find the post I wrote about vehicle hire ...

African GirlChild
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape.net
africancats
Rookie
Rookie

UK to Namibia 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK to Namibia 2015   UK to Namibia 2015 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Hello
We've travelled to Namibia from the UK several times. Namibia is a truly wonderful place to visit with many 4x4 tracks taking you to see amazing scenery and wildlife.
Until now we have rented but are thinking of shipping our Hilux later this year. We're still checking out the red tape but apart from insurance, we think the most important document is probably the carnet available from the RAC here.
We have a shipping company local to us called CARS, based close to Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk who we are most likely to use. Friends recently shipped their vehicle with them to and from Durban and the total bill including all charges was around £6,000. Fuel price in Nam at present is about N$11/L Very Happy
What information have you gathered?
Regards
Ted and Anna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UK to Namibia 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK to Namibia 2015   UK to Namibia 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

UK to Namibia 2015
Page 1 of 1