4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

my sleeping quarters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ridgeback
Rookie
Rookie

my sleeping quarters Empty
PostSubject: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySat May 24, 2014 7:02 am

my sleeping quarters Dsc04311

Here is the back of my Discovery with fitted denim window covers-velcro stuck to window edges & a caravan cushion covered 6 foot bed.

Its first test was a 4 day 4x4 trip to North Wales and was the best sleep I have ever had whilst camping. In its current state there is nowhere for the dog to sleep so Mk2 will be starting imminently.

There will be a large roof rack shortly ready for a summer trip to the Lake District.

It also now has a checker plate rear door card where I will be mounting a twin burner gas hob that folds down.
Back to top Go down
Peej
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Peej

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySat May 24, 2014 7:11 am

That's the way to do it.............Simples  thumbsup 
Our sleeping quaters: https://servimg.com/view/18614245/5
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySat May 24, 2014 8:05 am

Any Peeping Tom's taller than 6ft can see in your Alpine windows, they need 'deniming' as well.

ANOTHER job!
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySat May 24, 2014 8:29 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Any Peeping Tom's taller than 6ft can see in your Alpine windows, they need 'deniming' as well.

ANOTHER job!

Tom it's for camping not dogging  No 
Back to top Go down
ridgeback
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySat May 24, 2014 8:56 am

One of the benefits of camping with your dog is the rather effective alarm they can be!
Back to top Go down
Peej
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Peej

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySat May 24, 2014 5:04 pm

ridgeback wrote:
One of the benefits of camping with your dog is the rather effective alarm they can be!

Mine too  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Jed@CampervanCulture.com
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Jed@CampervanCulture.com

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySun May 25, 2014 7:10 am

What is the length and width of a disco?

Jed
Back to top Go down
http://www.campervanculture.com
ridgeback
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySun May 25, 2014 8:56 am

4.5m long x 1.8m wide x 2m tall.
Back to top Go down
Jed@CampervanCulture.com
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Jed@CampervanCulture.com

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:56 am

ridgeback wrote:
4.5m long x 1.8m wide x 2m tall.

Thanks Ridgeback, great info for us.

I will post up some pictures tomorrow with my vehicles lay out. It is actually half a meter shorter than a disco has two very comfortable full sized double beds and a cab bunk option for a fifth, full inside kitchen that can be used while both beds are down and loads more stuff to be wowed by..

I am not trying to show off but this last year has been a total learning curve.

Jed
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySun May 25, 2014 11:00 am

VW's are rather tardis-like. Another in that category is the original Mini. It's still a marvel of design to this day.
Back to top Go down
Jed@CampervanCulture.com
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Jed@CampervanCulture.com

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySun May 25, 2014 11:08 am

Tom Mc wrote:
VW's are rather tardis-like. Another in that category is the original Mini. It's still a marvel of design to this day.

After our recent North Africa trip I was thinking I wanted to up grade but I can not think of anything more versatile than a properly upgraded Syncro. I have been thinking Unimog but they are just not as agile as how I drive around at the moment with a smaller foot print than a Disco.

Jed
Back to top Go down
ridgeback
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters EmptySun May 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Does the Syncro have low box? I must admit I am rather biased towards the green oval. Mainly for spares and ease of repair!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my sleeping quarters   my sleeping quarters Empty

Back to top Go down

my sleeping quarters
Page 1 of 1