4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

What are your overland drive(s)

Go down 
+23
jenny86
andy-lightweight
maadmaan10
wideformat4x4
Pam W
Vixen
delica
landy andy
Hillbilly Raider
chally2
Mac
4x4overlander
Reddisco
onlyMark
lou1661
T62
MrLeadfoot
tuggy
RLD
roamingman
Jas
Tom Mc
rustyrhinos
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

What are your overland drive(s) Empty
PostSubject: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 am

Thought it would be interesting to see sort of mix of vehicles people have on here.

My overland drive (and greenlaner, general drive, etc) is a 1963 SWB Land Rover 2.25 Petrol. My mums/stepdads overland drive is a 1987 Range Rover V8 which is now quite a beast.

My other drives: Celica GT4 ST205, Mazda 323BF Turbo, Suzuki SJ413, Astra MK2 Sri. None of which are standard, I can't seem to stop myself from tinkering!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:40 am

Mmmm, you got it bad. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:56 pm

My overland Truck, evryday truck is a 04 Hyundai Terracan 2.9 auto, H/D TJM suspension, TJM snorkel, breathers AT+MT Tyres,
Piaa Lights etc......

Will soon hopefuly have stroage compartment in the boot, and a winch on the front.

Jas

Last edited by Terracan Jas on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 am

Motor been using for 3 years is a Discovery 3, going back at end of Janurary 2011, next one we have aquired is a Discovery 1 V8 with LPG, been after a V8 for a while used to have a big V8 Pilot when petrol was resnable price, not sure yet if it will do, oweing to petol price so see how good the gas is just got it sorted it has2 tanks underneath one was not working so now when full get apprx 150m per fill, or to get a diesal.
pictures in another thread.

edit forgot to metion second V8 Rover P5 auto great car

Last edited by roamingman on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 am

roamingman as on the D3 site Wink
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:52 am

Yes, was going to ask if that was you on the D3 site as well,
you beat to it Cool
Back to top Go down
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:53 am

yes it is i Uncle Ray
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:14 pm

ok just a couple of pics of my rides.
first is my disco,,i like it but its thirsty,, :V8:
then my everyday hack the fronty its a really good truck cheers
then my 101 ambi that i sold last year,,but im doing another one that going to be even better,,,,, adore

What are your overland drive(s) Picsoffroad110
What are your overland drive(s) Picsoffroad020
What are your overland drive(s) Spain-portugal2007-8050
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:57 pm

All look good motors good luk with rebuild cheers
Back to top Go down
MrLeadfoot
Cleaner
Cleaner
MrLeadfoot

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:23 am

What are your overland drive(s) Image0024
Back to top Go down
https://gs136.photobucket.com/groups/q176/P3MU9QIL52/
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 7:14 am

Very cool Redfoot Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 am

What with the roof-rack, that's a double tropical roof! Smile

Great invention those, the only vehicle I've even seen one on as it happens. Know of another vehicle other than Land Rover that has 'em?
Back to top Go down
T62
Rookie
Rookie
T62

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Our faithful old bus is our Td5 D2.

This pic is during our sponsored Landy Rally '09 event.

What are your overland drive(s) Mini-LR0902

This was in the recent snow at Bere Regis , Dorset.

What are your overland drive(s) Mini-P1000426

She's itching to get overlanding again this year. We are hopeful of putting a previously cancelled (2010) Moroccan Overland into effect this year. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.discoverytd5.com
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Thats a real tidy disco - Im not that much of a Land Rover fan but i will admit i would'nt mind owning that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
T62
Rookie
Rookie
T62

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Terracan Jas wrote:

Thats a real tidy disco - Im not that much of a Land Rover fan but i will admit i would'nt mind owning that. Very Happy

Cheers TJ!

She's not so tidy on the inside though as it's been converted to 'commercial spec' and so get's used to carry whatever will fit in, within reason of course! After being packed to the roof lining on our last rally and having to turn the inside upside down to find provisions, clothing etc I set about building a lockable storage unit which is now bolted to the floor and with 3 compartments.

Whilst this does take up quite some space and narrows the rear door access for larger items , it has nevertheless proved invaluable for storing things like tools, spares etc and keeps them from sliding about the cargo area, plus it has a workspace on the top, ideal for cups of coffee and bacon sarnies when the moment is called for. eating
Back to top Go down
http://www.discoverytd5.com
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 am

Hi Jay after looking at your site, has given me new choice for tyres, we have just aquiered a D1 V8 auto (Rooky), also like steel wheels still have 5 from 110 (Bertha) on anouther thread going to make trailor, so need a few more.

thanks yoda
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 2:15 am

T62 wrote:
Terracan Jas wrote:

Cheers TJ!

She's not so tidy on the inside though as it's been converted to 'commercial spec' and so get's used to carry whatever will fit in, within reason of course! After being packed to the roof lining on our last rally and having to turn the inside upside down to find provisions, clothing etc I set about building a lockable storage unit which is now bolted to the floor and with 3 compartments.

Whilst this does take up quite some space and narrows the rear door access for larger items , it has nevertheless proved invaluable for storing things like tools, spares etc and keeps them from sliding about the cargo area, plus it has a workspace on the top, ideal for cups of coffee and bacon sarnies when the moment is called for. eating

Im just in the process myself of making some storage which ive nearly finished. I didnt think of the worktop idea to hold coffie and bacon butty's tho. Might give that some thought.

TJ
Back to top Go down
lou1661
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:17 am

This is my everyday car
What are your overland drive(s) DSCN0149

300tdi CSW The oic is a little old, she seems to have some more rust on her now

Louis
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Mmmm, white motors aren't the best for that. Surprised the number plate's still intact, they tend to get wrecked down there.
Back to top Go down
lou1661
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:11 pm

That was not long after I had got her, it was already chipped, cracked and held on with string!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 pm

lou1661 wrote:
That was not long after I had got her, it was already chipped, cracked and held on with string!
- and that was just the windscreen! Razz
Back to top Go down
onlyMark
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:09 pm

For various reasons (mainly it was cheap) I have a Mitsubishi Pajero/Shogun 2.8 diesel. It has a couple of extras like heavy duty suspension, dual batteries and a limited slip but lockable rear diff. The rest is standard. I've used it out in the desert quite a few times and it's pretty good as long as you realise its limitations of not so high ground clearance as say, a Landy and it doesn't do as good over high rocky stuff. But on sand it as good as most proper 4x4's.

What are your overland drive(s) Summer11
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm

onlyMark wrote:
For various reasons (mainly it was cheap) I have a Mitsubishi Pajero/Shogun 2.8 diesel. It has a couple of extras like heavy duty suspension, dual batteries and a limited slip but lockable rear diff. The rest is standard. I've used it out in the desert quite a few times and it's pretty good as long as you realise its limitations of not so high ground clearance as say, a Landy and it doesn't do as good over high rocky stuff. But on sand it as good as most proper 4x4's.

What are your overland drive(s) Summer11

Excelent: I love pajero/shoguns. Most pajero's in the uk are the 3.2 DiD engine. My truck is based on pajero model but with a different trans and engine. Look foreward to seeing some pics!
Back to top Go down
onlyMark
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 am

Mine is an export model I got direct from Japan and bought into Egypt and it was virtually the last of the 2.8's. It was at a cheaper price to get rid of the stock before the 3.2 came in. I've never driven the larger engined one so I've no idea what the differences would be. Mine is as basic as it comes and, for example, only has a two speaker radio - no cassette or CD player, just a radio. I'm lucky I've got electric windows.
I've just had service at 100,000km and had it four years. It'll have to be sold though in June due to a change in circumstances.

I have some pictures but it's mainly the car and the desert, the car and the desert, the car and the desert - type of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 am

Will you replace it with another 4x4?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your overland drive(s)   What are your overland drive(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

What are your overland drive(s)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next