4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...

Go down 
+5
ratrace
Tom Mc
roamingman
Tembo
Jed@CampervanCulture.com
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...   A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Jed great to hear things are going well with the preperation for the trip.
As you say it's best to biuld in a few extra days to the trip for repairs, sight seeing etc.

We have just returned from the east of Morocco and due to breakdowns had to miss out on a couple of the places we had hoped to see
but thats life, and it's certainly given me an excuse for an extended return trip in 2015.

If you get a chance visit Bou Artha (if it's not too far off your intended route) the place was a real culture shock after spending a while traveling through desert and mountain towns and villages, thats all I'm going to say about the place it may not be to everone's liking but
I wish we could have spent a little longer there and hopfully I will return there on my next trip for a longer look around.

The boarder is nowhere near as scary as some would make you believe and getting through was quite a funny experience watching the locals arguing with the customs officers, over here if they shouted and gesticulated at them in the same manner I think there would be a need for the bulk purchasing of lube and rubber gloves.

The country is so diverse, the people are very friendly and unlike the other north African countries I have visited are not at all pushy and constanly begging although that said a few cigarettes some cooking oil and pencils and pens for the children are greatfully recieved, and the scenery well you'll see for yourself in a few weeks.
Bon Voyage !!!
Back to top Go down
Jed@CampervanCulture.com
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Jed@CampervanCulture.com

PostSubject: Re: A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...   A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:50 am

Well three weeks before we head off.

OK we own pretty old vehicles and they have obviously well expired any warranty, in fact they should be on the scrap heap by now but VW's just keep on going. I went to upgrade my rear springs and the locator fell off Laughing 

A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 1453479_543209299096111_1022101511_n

All that is fixed now with a bit of amateur welding, and it is pretty tame when you have to consider that Alan's van has to go from a mechanical none standard TDI to an electronic TDI with literally no run in, we just go...

I have to say though that this trip has had just about the most effort we have ever put into a trip so far, this probably means it will be the most "eventful".

Cant wait...

Jed
Back to top Go down
http://www.campervanculture.com
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...   A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:27 am

HI JED, have a great trip.will catch up with you all at the next show.. thumbsup ..fez ???? its chaos....... scratching chin 

safe trip... thumbsup .
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...   A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:13 am

As part of a charity trip, do you think we could find a fez in Fez? Impossible! We looked everywhere, in the end a bloke in a bar said that he'd get us one, came back with a manky ol' thing that cost us a pretty penny let me tell you. Rip off, but at least we had our fez. Crazy times!
Back to top Go down
Jed@CampervanCulture.com
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Jed@CampervanCulture.com

PostSubject: Re: A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...   A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:55 am

Well we went and we are now back. Well I have been back for a coupe of weeks but according to our vehicle trackers Alan is half way up France so will be back this week no doubt. It was a great opportunity to try out some new products for the www.campervanculture.com web shop and give them a proper field test so some of those will be available as soon as Alan gets back. Loads of stuff happened as you can imagine so it is time to move over to completed trips then I guess where we can boar the crap out of you all with our videos  Laughing 

A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 1779060_582449815172059_14248789_n

Jed
Back to top Go down
http://www.campervanculture.com
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...   A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 am

Looking forward to the videos!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...   A trip that started at The Overland Show last year... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A trip that started at The Overland Show last year...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2