The Jimnys are now 9 days behind schedule due to the hold up with passports etc but they're driving as fast as they can to try and catch up. They've crossed the border into Russia and last night was spent in Volgograd. They've not had much time to stop and look around because they're so far behind and as they go further east the roads are worsening as you can see by this video ... bit.ly 165YiSp
...... they might not be off roading but looking at the state of the roads it's just as well they uprated the suspension, wheels and tyres.
Tomorrow they hope to reach Samara, back on the original route, from there they will have to take a few more short cuts through Kazakhstan to reach Novosibirsk in time to meet the next crew.
Brewing in the background is a question mark over whether they will be able to take the Jimnys to Japan, talks with the Japanese Embassy are going on and just in case they can't go, research as to whether they can get them onto a container directly from Vladivostok to Seattle as a back up plan. So all is not well in the camp at the moment!
You can keep up with what's going on at www.facebook.com/heavencanwaitimbusy
To finish I have a question to ask ...... we're trying to arrange a couple of stops in Canada to meet up with Suzuki fans but I need some contacts .... anyone able to help with that?