4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Trips to where ??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bensonsnuts
Rookie
Rookie
bensonsnuts

Trips to where ?? Empty
PostSubject: Trips to where ??   Trips to where ?? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:34 am

I appreciate this very much depends on your starting point , but maybe people would like to contribute on the various options and possibilities for a first time trip ?
Not everyone has the finances or time to take a 6 months or a year out on a round the world .
Lets use me as an example . I'm skint , can't manage to take more than a fortnight off work due to a fixed shift pattern and have very limited mechanical ability Embarassed
As I'm UK based , how far is it possible to travel on a round trip basis in this time ?
Is it worth travelling out by ferry and driving back ? idea
Is the best option to join an organised excursion for a novice ?
I'm sure you get the idea , feel free to contribute your own questions and ideas scratch
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Trips to where ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trips to where ??   Trips to where ?? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:57 am

Will you be camping or hotels, if not done camping try some trips in the UK first, to see if it is for you, maybe a long weekend at a LR show first big one in 2011 is LRO at Drifield in may. cheers
If it is for you maybe think about the Landy Rally in September it can be as hard or slow as you like, thier is a link on home page, and I am sure Tom will give you any information or questions you need to ask him, just hopehe is not intoxicated at the time Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
bensonsnuts
Rookie
Rookie
bensonsnuts

Trips to where ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trips to where ??   Trips to where ?? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:13 am

I've done plenty of camping/fishing 4x4 stuff in the UK . There's always somewhere left to visit but I've been most places apart from the top of Scotland .
Never taken the car abroad though , that's why I asked what kind of distance you could reach in a couple of weeks ?
I was thinking of a trip in Europe or Scandanavia . I've got plenty of camping gear but a comfy hotel is always appealing eating
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Trips to where ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trips to where ??   Trips to where ?? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 am

Thanks for the prompt Yoda (roamingman). Yep, the 9 days of Land Rally would be perfect time-wise but for one tiny miniscule little point, bensonsnuts is skint! He could always go it alone of course, thus saving the 'guided' part of a tour or the camaraderie and security that comes as part of Landy Rally, but touring alone can be boring. Very difficult, because all the best tours or organised events cost money.

Alternatively, you could advertise for folk via this forum that are equally as skint as yourself and pool your resources and take off to France for 10 days. Go low season either side of summer to get the best deals on campsites and go explore. Wouldn't cost too much and along with 2 or 3 other crews you would have the security and hopefully companionship. The one big problem is if you will get along with what in effect are total strangers. Hit it off and you could make friends for life, come up against conflict and ... well, need I explain? Your choice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trips to where ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trips to where ??   Trips to where ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trips to where ??
Page 1 of 1