4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Surfing Africa

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Surfing Africa Empty
PostSubject: Surfing Africa   Surfing Africa EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 5:42 am

Surfing Africa

In early 2011 the intention is to drive two Toyota Hilux Surfs from Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland to Cape Town, South Africa.

www.surfingafrica.net
Back to top Go down
http://4x4overlandtravel.com
bensonsnuts
Rookie
Rookie
bensonsnuts

Surfing Africa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfing Africa   Surfing Africa EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 am

I'll be watching this one with interest . My first 4x4 was a Surf . Great trucks , but I'm glad they had the cylinder head problems before they set off.
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Surfing Africa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfing Africa   Surfing Africa EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:52 am

Ah, the great debate about which 4x4 is best.

Some will say that Toys are the best and nothing else comes close (I realise you're not saying that, just they are "great trucks") and there are the Land Rover devotees who swear by (swear at sometimes) Solihull's finest and can point to vehicles with amazing track records which have covered 300,000+ miles!

The way I see it, they are all machines, so ALL of them are going to break down at some point. As you say, it's better to have things like cylinder heads go wrong before departure. Wink
Back to top Go down
bensonsnuts
Rookie
Rookie
bensonsnuts

Surfing Africa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfing Africa   Surfing Africa EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:51 am

Just goes to show you have to be careful what you type computer-22 Hadn't even thought of it in that context . Without going too much off topic ...I meant the Surf was my first and will always be one of my favourite 4x4's !
Since then I've had a couple of Zooks , a Disco ,a Deli and currently run a 53 Patrol , so you can see I'm not rooting for any particular marque . My current truck is usually my favourite and I have to say I love my Patrol ❤
Different trucks are always going to suit different folks depending on their needs cheers1

Geoff

p.s.
nice site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Surfing Africa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfing Africa   Surfing Africa EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:06 pm

"Different trucks are always going to suit different folks depending on their needs". Yep, something I'll always advocated. Love my Rangies but, alongside their strengths I'm also aware of their shortcomings. Horses for courses an' all that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surfing Africa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfing Africa   Surfing Africa Empty

Back to top Go down

Surfing Africa
Page 1 of 1