4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

No Lightning Bolt!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vicar
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
Vicar

No Lightning Bolt! Empty
PostSubject: No Lightning Bolt!   No Lightning Bolt! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:03 am

Morning Tom,

Well as yet there has been no need for a Pukka Vicar, although I am whispering this topic...just in case! pale

The 1966 Series 2A was trucked in a few days ago. tongue Unfortunately the other half mad happened to over hear the phone call that gave me 20 minutes notice of its arrival. Under psychological pressure I had to come clean. Rolling Eyes The plan, when the LR turned up, was to give Madam a big hug and thank her profusely for surprising me with such a tremendous late Christmas present. cuddles I still did that despite the game being up.

I anticipate there will be retribution in the form of equivalent spending taking place at the next equestrian show! doh

No Lightning Bolt! IMG_3283
No Lightning Bolt! IMG_3282

So here are a couple of pics of the beastie. I had just begun to water blast it before I felt I should take a few pics.

All straight panels. Usual fading otherwise only one slight scratch. Always kept in a shed when not in use.
At least one glow plug nackered.
Wipers U/S but fixable I hope.
Needs new seat pads.
No brakes apart from slight bite on the handbrake.
At moment registered for farm use but could be put back on the road.

Interesting challenge ahead. scratching chin Hope to put away a few self doubts if I can fix her up. study

The fact it has a large flat bed went down well. Getting in the hay should prove easier next year. Take some strain off the Suzuki Farmworker we have been using for many seasons. The latter has done well; it just doesn't carry so many bales. ( Put away 631 a couple of weeks ago. ) :shock:

So I have cleared an area in one shed so that I begin to play. First off are the brakes. It has been interesting moving it through a few tight spots.

Now the pain begins. Moneywise that is. Back to the beans on toast....and that will be on special occasions only. eating

Vicar thumbsup
Back to top Go down
tonyg
Rookie
Rookie

No Lightning Bolt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lightning Bolt!   No Lightning Bolt! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:51 am

I likes that Smile good luck with the rolling restoration Smile I have just bought something similar (but in dire condition!), but thankfully (I think....) no other half to be answerable too!
Tony
Back to top Go down
Vicar
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
Vicar

No Lightning Bolt! Empty
PostSubject: No Lightning Bolt!   No Lightning Bolt! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello Tony,

Good luck with the truck. thumbsup I sort of tripped up back in 76! :shock: Mind you not long after I got married we bought a LWB Series that we had some fun with, especially when we were getting snowed in down in Weymouth. The Series did us proud even though there wasn't a lot of tread on the tyres. adore

So after some 35 years we appear to have done some sort of circle. scratch

Have fun and try not to skin your Knuckles! Wink

Vicar thumbsup

Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

No Lightning Bolt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lightning Bolt!   No Lightning Bolt! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:29 am

Nice try matey! Love the truck
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

No Lightning Bolt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lightning Bolt!   No Lightning Bolt! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:39 am

Looks like alot of fun Vicar!

How many miles/kilometers has it done?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Lightning Bolt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lightning Bolt!   No Lightning Bolt! Empty

Back to top Go down

No Lightning Bolt!
Page 1 of 1