4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Calcium battery.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
edwillcox
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Calcium battery. Empty
PostSubject: Calcium battery.   Calcium battery. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Hello to all,
Simple question, my V8 Landy, has a Halfords calcium battery fitted, which normally turns the engine, but twice now in the past couple of months, the battery has died on me, while trying the ignition.

I have put it on charge for a couple of hours, to see if that helps.

I would like to know what people here think of the calcium batteries, as I am not so sure they are worth the extra cost, against a good old fashioned lead acid one.

Advice appreciated.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Calcium battery. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium battery.   Calcium battery. EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:18 am

I do recall a similar thread on here: http://www.4x4overlandtravel.com/t596-calcium-battery-question

But IMO it just depends on how much you can spend. I have an Odyssey PC1230 Battery that I have had for the last 4 years now, its not the biggest in the range but I have not yet had to charge it, I even had my vehicle off the road for 3 months in the summer just gone.

http://www.odysseybatteriesonline.co.uk/odyssey/products/product.php?f=b&q=ELA01230

TJ
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Calcium battery. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium battery.   Calcium battery. EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:33 am

That ain't good. Think I would take it back to Halfords and ask them to test it. Even if you bought it a while back and its 'out of warranty' so to speak, if it is on its way out they may replace it as being good customer service. No harm in trying surely?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calcium battery. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium battery.   Calcium battery. Empty

Back to top Go down

Calcium battery.
Page 1 of 1