4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.

Go down 
+3
Jas
4x4overlander
wideformat4x4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. Empty
PostSubject: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 am

Are any of the overland companies likely to be at the outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.

I will be going with the wife looking at camping gear for a UK based trip later this year.

We hope to do a few of the coastal destination around the UK that we have found in the book called "52 weekend's by the sea".

Some of the northern Scottish places are pretty wild and inaccessible and will require wild camping but we are staying in bunkhouses, hostels and a few proper camp sites as my wife calls them.

I know its not proper overlanding as most of the contributors on here would expect but I have to take it easy at first to get the wife interested before raising the subject of some of the mountain area's of Europe or going for broke and bringing up the subject of a Morocco trip.

We were hoping to have bought a Discovery by the summer for this trip and possible others but due to ordinary household type expense's etc we will probably be taking the ML as most driving will be on motorway's and A roads and the Merc does this very well.
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:02 am

Boab the importers of Oz Tents, Foxwings, Rhino Racks, Autohome/maggiolina rooftents are definitely there as we are helping to staff their stand. Make sure you if you go that you come and say Hi.

Overlanding means different things to different people.

What you basically need is good reliable equipment. There should be several tent firms there and firms like Coleman who makes good quality stoves.

If you want to encourage SWMBO into travelling consider Scandinavia, a safe region with no language problems Other alternatives include northern Iberian peninsular..

HTH

Brendan
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4overlander.com
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:23 am

4x4overlander wrote:
Boab the importers of Oz Tents, Foxwings, Rhino Racks, Autohome/maggiolina rooftents are definitely there as we are helping to staff their stand. Make sure you if you go that you come and say Hi.

Overlanding means different things to different people.

What you basically need is good reliable equipment. There should be several tent firms there and firms like Coleman who makes good quality stoves.

If you want to encourage SWMBO into travelling consider Scandinavia, a safe region with no language problems Other alternatives include northern Iberian peninsular..

HTH

Brendan

I will keep an eye out for you.

I had look at the OZ tent online and am very impressed with the design and ease of erection (ooh misses) the only down side I could see was the packed size, at the moment I have a Kyam which goes up quite quickly and pack's small enough to fit in a car or rucksack ideal for overnight wild camping.
I do like the look of the camping chairs they look very comfy after a long day in the driving seat, I think they were also made by OZ tent.
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:45 am

The two main disadvantages of the Oztent is their packed size and their price. (Remember I sell Oztents!) However they are a cracking tent.

To overcome the packed size problem Oztent have done the Jet Tent and that packs down to 1.1m long.

The Oztent chairs (Kakoda and King Kakoda) are not cheap and have a larger pack size then the £6 chairs available in supermarkets etc. The solid arms of the Kakoda chairs are useful for getting up after you have had a beer or two or if you are not as spritely as you used to be. We have been through quite a few of the cheaper chairs. To a large extent you get what you pay for!

I like a lot of the gear that comes from Oz not because we sell it but that I had a rather long trip around Oz before I went into business

Brendan
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:00 am

I will also be there. Not on a stand but checking out all the goodies. Im looking foreward to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:29 am

We have oztent + chairs, and think they are very good, we also have camp beds at are age it is better than on the floor.

Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. Landy_12
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Be warned, on a chilly evening the cheapie folding chairs only make you colder as the metal frame under your thighs seems freezing ... probably is freezing! You don't get that with a good quality chair.

Also the number of cheapie chairs with torn arms that end up in the rubbish heap after shows is amazing, all caused by what Brendan mentioned - "getting up after you have had a beer or two or if you are not as spritely as you used to be".
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:58 am

went last year, some great stuff, i was more interested in the climbing / surfing gear
thought about exhibiting but after finding out the cost of the stands Evil or Very Mad

won't be there sadly as we have a Treasure Hunt on in Derbyshire on Sunday

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
http://www.freespirit4x4.co.uk
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:21 am

"price of the stands" same reason we wont be there
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinerovers.com
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:43 am

Boab are in hall 4 by the food outlet.

A quick look around and there is lots to see

Brendan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.   Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend. Empty

Back to top Go down

Outdoor show at the NEC next weekend.
Page 1 of 1