4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Overland and 4x4 Travel Show

Go down 
+8
wideformat4x4
horacebat
Tom Mc
Jas
RLD
Hillbilly Raider
Chris S
4x4overlander
12 posters
AuthorMessage
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

Overland and 4x4 Travel Show Empty
PostSubject: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Overland and 4x4 Travel Show is on next Sunday at the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre, Leamington Spa.

So who is planning on going?

Brendan
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4overlander.com
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm going to try, but it all depends on how it goes this week work wise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:54 pm

we'll be there but dont be scared to come and say hello...we wont try to sell you anything
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinerovers.com
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:57 pm

well you can try but without money it will be hard thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:08 pm

lol, seriously ,its nice just see peeps.
no one shells out on our kind of thing at these events, and i wouldnt want them to either, you need to study whats on offer from the various companies , not be forced into a decision there and then.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:07 am

Is this show or a similar show on around the May bank holiday aswell?
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:29 am

Terracan Jas wrote:

Is this show or a similar show on around the May bank holiday aswell?

If you are thinking of the RGS Overland weekend at Terrington Scool at the end of May they will be as different as chalk and cheese.

The one next weekend is a buying/selling weekend with an emphasis on travel/overlanding. So you will not find the engine performance guy there. It is a one day show.

The RGS Overland weekend is completely different. A weekend of lectures/seminars etc. Essentially a talking shop where people can exchange ideas/information about overland travel. Yes there are some traders there (we are there again) with a little display. Most of the traders go for a relaxing weekend, a time to catch up with friends etc. It is not a selling/buying weekend.

From my point of view the best show, but for money taken Laughing it is the worse one, but this show is not about money but exchanging ideas

HTH

Brendan
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:11 am

I have booked a Trade Stand at the Overland & 4x4 Travel Show, so obviousy come and say hello. I shall also hit the forums one last time reminding potential visitors that it's on. If others can do likewise, that's certainly help pack 'em in!

At £5 admission I think the pricing is very fair (if you can afford the fuel to get there of course!!!) so think the event is worthy of support. Besides, it's an event that's right up our street, so really hope it's a success. cheers
Back to top Go down
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:34 am

Quite a few of the D3/4 forum and Defender 2 site are going
Back to top Go down
horacebat
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Next weekend...   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:41 am

Have a good time guys... Mrs HB has got me off to France! A romantic weekend of builders and tiling!!! Oh well .. I can dream!

Have fun!!
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 am

Tom Mc wrote:
I have booked a Trade Stand at the Overland & 4x4 Travel Show, so obviousy come and say hello. I shall also hit the forums one last time reminding potential visitors that it's on. If others can do likewise, that's certainly help pack 'em in!

At £5 admission I think the pricing is very fair (if you can afford the fuel to get there of course!!!) so think the event is worthy of support. Besides, it's an event that's right up our street, so really hope it's a success. cheers

Hi Tom

Will you have entry form's for the Landy Rally on your stand, as I am mindful that I was going to send off my deposit in January and never got round to it due to work and er indoors making me pay for a new kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:56 pm

I go to any stall with free coffee.
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: 4x4 Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:36 pm

That's what I like about this forum, reading between the line's I get the impression alot of people on here are trader's but the overwhelming advice seems to be come and have a look, check the stuff out.
Not sell' sell' sell !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lov2getmuddy
Rookie
Rookie
lov2getmuddy

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:55 am

adore the farther in law and i will be there ,looking for information,and best ways on getting my wife two kids,and all the camping stuff in a 90.
looking on doing spain to france back to uk,in summer hoildays.c u there cheers1
Back to top Go down
TJ101
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:28 am

Also planning on being their,, show like this need the support
Early start from Somerset then Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:05 am

TJ101 wrote:
Also planning on being their,, show like this need the support
Smile

Couldn't agree more! Plus it's only a fiver to get in, very welcome after all that fuel en route not having to fork out another £12.

Yep, I will have some Landy Rally forms with me. As for your thoughts about the forum ...

"That's what I like about this forum, reading between the line's I get the impression alot of people on here are trader's but the overwhelming advice seems to be come and have a look, check the stuff out.
Not sell' sell' sell !!!"

It's true, a lot of traders on here. Don't forget we're like moths to a light, show us talk of travel and particulary overlanding and we're there! What's also noticeable, the wealth of knowledge on here is amazing. Hardly surprising as some of these guys (male and female) spend most of their lives on the move, so the tips they can impart are second to none. Certainly a case of 'been there, done it'! clapping

Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am

wideformat4x4 wrote:
That's what I like about this forum, reading between the line's I get the impression alot of people on here are trader's but the overwhelming advice seems to be come and have a look, check the stuff out.

Am I a trader?

Damnation I forgot I am suppose to squeeze these forum users dry, then squeeze them a bit more Razz

Sensible head on, if you have decent gear stocked, offer decent help/advice and have travel experience the gear sells it self.

Now then wide can I interest you in these chequer plated, bling go faster stripes? Or how about these low profile slicks with the accompanying lower suspension kits tongue

Brendan
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 pm

I'm goign to try to still get there - going to try and pool togetehr a few of us as it'll be a bit of a trek on my tod as SWMBO has to work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
landy andy
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 pm

See you there Chris cheers1

Andy
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:16 pm

4x4overlander wrote:
wideformat4x4 wrote:

Am I a trader?

Damnation I forgot I am suppose to squeeze these forum users dry, then squeeze them a bit more Razz

Sensible head on, if you have decent gear stocked, offer decent help/advice and have travel experience the gear sells it self.

Now then wide can I interest you in these chequer plated, bling go faster stripes? Or how about these low profile slicks with the accompanying lower suspension kits tongue

Brendan

Don't talk to me about lowering suspension, I have a Merc ML, 100's upon 100's of people selling kits to lower the bloody thing but nowhere to go to raise it Sad
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 am

Cracking little show which i can only hope will grow to bigger and better things, respect to David for organizing.
Hope all you other " traders" had a good show ..we were rushed off our feet.
Nice to see you all.
Mandy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:12 am

Ah, just posted in the Events section about the show. I concur HBR, great little show and likewise - fair play to David for getting the event off the ground. He already said before I left (I was last but one) that providing the venue don't hit him with any unpleasant bills like somebody doing doughnuts on the front lawn, he'll definitely run one again next year. Like yourself Mandy, I'll definitely be back. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overland and 4x4 Travel Show   Overland and 4x4 Travel Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Overland and 4x4 Travel Show
Page 1 of 1