4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
takoda paul
Rookie
Rookie

JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 Empty
PostSubject: JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014   JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:54 pm

As a new member of this forum I may be pushing my luck with this post but I am a genuine overlander all be it on two wheels. I do however also drive a hi-cap Land-rover for work repairing and upgrading Public rights of Way throughout Cumbria.
Each year we hold a number of overland motorcycle rallies at Takoda which is nestled within some of the most dramatic scenery and best roads that this  small country has to offer. Next year will be our first Horizons Unlimited mini meet but in the meantime is anybody nutty enough to come camping in a Cumbrian winter where although not guaranteed, temperatures can plummet to a balmy -16 degrees.

We do of course welcome groups and individuals all year.

I will start a list of attendees when I get back from my Arctic highway trip (mid October)

JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 Jernat12

People attending

Last edited by takoda paul on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014   JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 pm

I could be up for this if I'm in the UK:thumbsup: 
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014   JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 am

Good event to test out your thermals and 4 seasons sleeping bag, that's for sure! affraid 

No problem with your post Paul, letting folk know about events and chewing the cud are what forums were invented for. Not all forum operators take the same stance as me, shame.
Back to top Go down
takoda paul
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014   JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Good event to test out your thermals and 4 seasons sleeping bag, that's for sure! affraid 

No problem with your post Paul, letting folk know about events and chewing the cud are what forums were invented for. Not all forum operators take the same stance as me, shame.

Thanks for the support Tom, I guess we are all just trying to get along and what better way than a rally with a bonfire and your favorite tipple.
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014   JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:52 am

if i am not in spain then sounds like a weekend away...i will have to finish putting the night heater in... scratching chin ....any more details..... study .
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014   JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:00 am

Don't think Paul's been around since September, so best send him a PM via this forum - that way it'll flash up in his email box as having a received a PM.
Back to top Go down
takoda paul
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014   JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:01 am

Hi all and sorry that I havn't been around for a while. Unfortunately we have had somewhat of a family tragedy, my younger brother died very suddenly at the age of 41 from a brain hemorrhage. He leaves two children aged nine, a partner, me and my old mum.
So as you may guess, things have been difficult to say the least. Having said that our January rally is still going ahead but I havn't received much of a response as yet, just around ten from the ABR (adventure bike rider) site.

Please feel free to register your interest on this thread and I will start a list of attendees.

Happy belated Christmas and all the best for the new year,

Paul & Maria
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014   JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

JERNATTER (Iron nights) RALLY 2014
Page 1 of 1