4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

lost imobiliser key

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

lost imobiliser key Empty
PostSubject: lost imobiliser key   lost imobiliser key EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:14 am

Managed to lose my only imobiliser keyfob thing.

now its an aftermarket cobra thing i think

So how do I go about locating and removing the imobiliser

Many thanks

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: lost imobiliser key   lost imobiliser key EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 am

What a pain. Start Googling, wouldn't know where to start. No

All I do know is, better now than in the middle of the Sahara. Obvious thing to say I realise, but it does make you think.
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: lost imobiliser key   lost imobiliser key EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:56 am

Look on the Cobra website as it is a mine of information, if you can get the identity number of the module you can download a manual from the site, or contact them by E-mail or phone at their helpdesk, has several dealings with them and they are brilliant.
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: lost imobiliser key   lost imobiliser key EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:13 am

Thanks - I've just found the key, it had fallen out of my pocket and rolled under the truck

But i think i'm going to remove it anyway - as Tom saysthey always go wrong at the absolute wrongtime

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: lost imobiliser key   lost imobiliser key EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am

Fine keeping it, just have a spare fob and door/ignition keys cable-tied out of sight to the underside of the vehicle. Simple but effective.

Also have spare house key buried in the garden in an old SLR film container. Nobody but myself and 'er indoors know it's there, but it came in handy the other day when a Yale key broke off in the lock. I was away but a neighbour helped her out by removing the broken part from the lock with a pair of long nosed pliers, then she simply used the freshly unearthed spare key to get in. Would have cost a few pennies otherwise calling up a locksmith. Phew, foresight worked a treat! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lost imobiliser key   lost imobiliser key Empty

Back to top Go down

lost imobiliser key
Page 1 of 1