4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

A Few Present Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

A Few Present Ideas Empty
PostSubject: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:21 am

Kinetic Torch - These are the sort you wind up or pull a trigger for a few seconds to get light, they come as torches and lanterns and are a great idea for the more serious off roader, no batteries to carry and go flat, or to recharge. Cost from £3.00 upwards.

Key Finder - Place on your keyring and if you lose your keys all you do is whistle, it emits a siren and a flashing light so you can locate them, great if you drop your keys in undergrowth or heavy brush, or just drop them at night. Cost from £4 upwards.

Gas Powered Soldering Iron/Blow Torch - Great multi tool for expeditions, they are powered by butane gas and produce a flame which heats a soldering tip for light and heavy duty soldering, remove the soldering tip and they become a blow torch with temperatures of up to 1300 degrees C. Leaking radiator? cut the offending core and solder the ends up and you keep going, got a leaking exhaust? carry a couple of brazing rods and you braze the hole up, they are hot enough to weld sheet steel so you can even make temporary body repairs. Cost from £10, but around £30 buys a top quality item
Add the soldering tip and you can do all those soldering jobs on defective wiring out in the field.

Diamond Sharpening Set - Small diamond impregnated plates which sharpen anything from knives to machettes, just add a little water and sharpen. Cost from £5 for a fine and medium pair.

Digital Pressure Gauge - Great for instant checking of tyre pressures, much more accurate then the notoriously inaccurate tyre gauges and those fitted to the plug in electric inflators. Cost from £5.

Just a few cheap ideas for christmas presents.

Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:34 am

Thanks for that info
Gas Powered Soldering Iron/Blow Torch. For me please, Smile
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Those Key Finders were a novelty fad a few years back, but I have to say they do work. Trouble is once your mates know you've got one, they're forever whistling, clapping their hands, anything to make the darn thing go off. Drives you mad, end up taking the thing off and leaving it at home! No
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Look what Santa brought me!   A Few Present Ideas EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:35 am

Got my present all wrapped up!!

A Few Present Ideas Santa_15
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:17 am

Put our christmas lights up yesterday and our christmas tree lives in the garden, one cherry picker later and 7 sets of lights this tree was done, but she wanted more doing, bloody women. Her philosophy was if I had the cherry picker at home I might as well do them all, and unbeknown to me she had been out and bought even more lights.

So: we currently have 8 trees covered in lights, every bush (about 30) covered in lights, most of the house covered in lights, and the drive down to the gate covered, even the barns have lights on them and at night its more like daylight.

Anyone fancy organising a whipround for my electricity bill?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 am

twende wrote:
Got my present all wrapped up!!
Does you Daf still have a hatch from its military days, 'cause when that snowman melts you're going to have a very soggy cab!

Assassin - no sympathy mate. Serves you right for bing so bloody festive. Bah humbug.
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 am

Could be worse Tom, arrived this morning to find all the trucks decorated in christmas lights, two had even bolted 6' christmas trees to the back of their trailers complete with decorations and fairy lights.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:35 am

Fortunately it comes but once a year; good job I say!
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 am

If you ever pass a convoy of heavy haul trucks with christmas trees bolted to the trailer then give them a pip as you pass, you'll know there mine.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:37 pm

What ... no festive photo? Twende made the effort! Santa
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Go steady Tom, I have enough trouble posting, let alone uploading pictures. Last time I tried I hit all sorts of problems and E-mailed them to Jason who posted them for me.
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Wait for Sunday guys, I've got some white lights to do the wheels and headlights. Had to tell the wife they were for the tree!!! Santa
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:40 am

Funny that, 'er indoors commented that the wheels and headlights looked rather drab compared with the rest. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Here we go, Santa DAF Evo2. Notice the missus looking out of the window and wondering where the tree lights have gone!!
A Few Present Ideas Santa_22

Santa
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:46 am

All that sniffing of pine needles has obviously gone to your head.

First time for everything I suppose ... a glow-in-the-dark-Daf! clapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Present Ideas   A Few Present Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Present Ideas
Page 1 of 1