4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Help for France ideas...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ExPo
Rookie
Rookie

Help for France ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Help for France ideas...   Help for France ideas... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:07 am

We are off to travel to France around early July time...
I'm hoping someone could give me some pointers to where may be worth going...we are kinda hoping to get to the South coast eventually.
I know I should be doing my homework......I consider asking you guys...my homework.
Cheers, Greeni.
Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

PostSubject: Re: Help for France ideas...   Help for France ideas... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:04 am

One suggestion is http://www.la-tournerie.com/soft%20roading%20-%204x4.html we are heading down to Pyrenees through France stopping in Loire then heading south towards Pau then Spain and Andorra then heading north, at the end of July and August.

Also around Grenoble nice part of France thourghly enjoyed holiday in this area a couple of years ago can recommend a great little Municipal campsite if you wish.

Also Burgundy Beaune Dijon great for wine and again a nice area depends what you enjoy and what you are hoping to do.

ATVB

Del
Back to top Go down
ExPo
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Help for France ideas...   Help for France ideas... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:53 am

Cheers Del, We're hoping do some mountains and off piste camping.

I've looked at the link, cheers, we really appreciate any suggestions guys... adore
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Help for France ideas...   Help for France ideas... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:52 am

or ...

Drive down through Le Mans, visit the museum www.lemans.org/en/aco/infrastructures/museum.html and drive the Mulsane Straight, visit Futurescope in Poitiers (especially good if you have kids on board) www.futuroscope.com, then continue on down to Montignac where Mugwump suggested???
Back to top Go down
Tazza 327
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: French Trip   Help for France ideas... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:00 am

Hi ExPo

If you are going via Le Mans, try and make time for a visit to Seer, this is the town where the Joan of Arc film was made (Mia Farrow) using the cathedral in the town square.

Whilst you are there make time to take for a meal at the restaurant adjacent to the cathedral (sorry i cannot remember the name) it is on your right hand side, on the corner of the street as you face the cathedral. This restaurant is famous for making what is considered by many, to be the best omelette in France ?

Enjoy your trip Smile

Tazza 327
Back to top Go down
andy-lightweight
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
andy-lightweight

PostSubject: Re: Help for France ideas...   Help for France ideas... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 am

Hello. we did france a couple of years ago, time flies :o

we stayed in the dordoign area. if you fancy a bit of off road down there try http://www.dora4x4.com/.

we had a great time, excellent off road and excellent hospitality.

Help for France ideas... France16

Help for France ideas... France17

Help for France ideas... France19
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Help for France ideas...   Help for France ideas... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:47 pm

The dordoign???? Nice try, think you mean the Dordogne! Easy to remember spelling of this one ... Dor Dog Ne.

Know the guys who run Dora4x4, with them a couple of years ago. Friendly, knowledgeable with a good rep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help for France ideas...   Help for France ideas... Empty

Back to top Go down

Help for France ideas...
Page 1 of 1