4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Help Required

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Help Required   Help Required EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am

I am hoping someone might help me and get a message to Tom, I don't know if this is the right part of the site.

Simon and I were to be attending the show this weekend and we won't now be attending. Simon was in communication with Jas earlier this week and he might not attend through being on call at work and he asked Simon to pass on his apologies to Tom on his behalf if he couldn't attend.

Earlier this evening Simon and one of his employees were caught up in a freak accident when they were testing new equipment and he bore the brunt of an exploding tungsten which embedded many tungsten particles in his leg. He attended hospital and one of the particles has hit an artery which won't stop bleeding and he's currently undergoing emergency surgery to remove this particle and stop the bleeding. He will be having more surgery to remove the remaining particles tomorrow as a scheduled surgery as they're not causing an issue currently. Simon is mortified and asked me to post on the site in the hope someone could and would pass his apologies to Tom and other members he was hoping to meet. He has spent every spare minute this week preparing the AEC Militent so he could bring it.

If someone could pass this message on I would be eternally grateful.
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:06 am

Just a little update - Simon just out of surgery and the artery is sewn up and fine.
Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Glad he's gonna be okay. Will pass on to Tom whn I get there,if he hasn't already seen this.
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:29 am

Thanks Maadmaan.

Released me today, fed up with me already.

Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:28 am

Glad to hear you are ok Assassin. I had to work, what a surprise so no show. Still great to hear you are well and on the mend buddy.
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks Jas, they kicked me out today, had enough of me I think.

They kept moaning because they couldn't keep me in bed, I told them I had one good leg and could hop, the toilet was only 10 yards away so hardly a marathon is it.
Had a Chinese Friday night because the food was rubbish, hardly enough for a mouse, talk about economies, they moaned about that.
Saturday morning they had security looking for me, they found be and another one in the WRVS having our breakfast, it was only 5 floors lower and these places have funny contraptions called lifts.
I think the final straw came Saturday mid morning when a rep from MAN trucks came to see me, so bored I asked him to visit to see what they had to offer in the range of heavy haul trucks, I may as well fill my time with something productive while I am lying there doing nothing except stare at four walls.

Then we had half the staff visit, the ward sister suggested a turnstile instead of doors on the ward.

Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi been of line for a week, helping tom set up the show, so only just seen the thred, sorry to here the accident but clad to here you are ok.

regards kevin
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Many thanks Kev, fine now, doing everything they told me not to do.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:09 am

Strewth ... turn my back for 5 seconds and all hell breaks loose! As Yoda (Roaminngman) says, bee a tad busy so only just catching up on what's what. Only just see this thread.

Simon you numpty, don't you know there is protective gear you can wear at work these days to help prevent you turning into the Million Dollar Man? Bit restrictive granted, but a lovely shade of green.

Help Required Imagep10

Pleased to hear you're on the mend mate. Shame you couldn't make the show, you would have loved it (talk about rubbing salt into the wounds Razz ) but like I said to Jas, there's always next year.

Here, does your leg now look like the face of that Bond baddie out of Die Another Day?

Help Required Collec10

Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 am

Its just a few more scars to add to the many already there Tom.

Not keen on green, not my colour; and I am much better looking then the Bond Baddie, wasn't he North Korean? Wouldn't like to be wearing that outfit if I got caught short as I might have a wet and warm leg.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 am

That's the one, the North Korean who killed his father as he was being 'too nice' ... it's Bond!

Never mind a wet leg, you don't want to be caught short in that get up after troughing a vindaloo the night before! affraid
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:48 am

Had a Vindaloo Friday night and it had no affect, not even a good fart.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:49 am

eating bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Required   Help Required Empty

Back to top Go down