4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.

Go down 
+3
Tom Mc
roamingman
Rtone1583
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rtone1583
Rookie
Rookie

Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:12 pm

New to Overlanding and to the forum. Currently have an 09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited which I have been upgrading over the past couple of years to make it more useable for overland travel. The last big upgrade I need to make is the addition of an auxiliary fuel tank so I don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Haven't had a chance to dig too deep into the forum but it looks like the majority of people on here are from and travel in countries other than the U.S.. Hopefully, tips, tricks and experience will translate across borders as most of my travel will be limited to North America.

Glad to have found this forum and look forward to learning as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi and welcome. cheers

It's true, most parts of the world tend to get discussed, North America being the exception. That's why the Gods have sent you - it's obvious.

To prevent SPAM I'm afraid the forum software doesn't allow you to post photos for about a week after registering, after which we'll expect to see a shot or two of your Wrangler ... it's compulsory! Smile
Back to top Go down
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 am

09 wranger hey - a car I have abolutely zero knowledge about and have not heard of anyone using one as an overland vehicle!

Welcome to the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
boyo
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:36 am

Welcome,
Nice to know of a possible contact when I do come across to the USA, I hope to get myself and my vehicle over for 2014 and spend 5-6months visiting Colorado, Arizona, Utah and Wyoming.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:36 am

rustyrhinos wrote:
09 wranger hey - a car I have abolutely zero knowledge about and have not heard of anyone using one as an overland vehicle!
Welcome to the forum Smile
Must admit, might be okay in the mud but can't see them as being too practical space-wise for distance travel.
Back to top Go down
Rtone1583
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:42 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!

To boyo or any others heading my way, drop a line, if I'm home I'd love to host you for a few days on your journey.

To rusty, as soon as I'm able to post some pictures, I'll post the laundry list of upgrades I've done to my Jeep to make it Overland worthy.
Back to top Go down
Rtone1583
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:47 am

Welcome to the forum Smile[/quote]
Must admit, might be okay in the mud but can't see them as being too practical space-wise for distance travel.[/quote]

Not sure on the actual size differences but the Unlimited is a four door which puts it in the range of the Toyota Four Runner/Prado. It can get cramped, there's no doubt about that.

You'll just have to wait a few days and I promise to post some pictures of mine.
Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:11 am

Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. WELCOME cheers1
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

[/quote]
You'll just have to wait a few days and I promise to post some pictures of mine.[/quote]
We'll hold you that ... we like piccies.

And thanks for the offer, it's mutual if you're ever this side of the pond. To date myself and SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) have played host to friends from Malaysia and Holland. Off-roaders are the same in whichever part of the world I find myself, they truly are an hospitable group. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello & welcome to the forum!

Jason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.   Hello from Colorado, U.S.A. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Colorado, U.S.A.
Page 1 of 1