4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Olympic torch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Olympic torch Empty
PostSubject: Olympic torch   Olympic torch EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Well, who has ventured out in the rain to see the Olympic torch pass by?

I ask because it has just passed through Warwickshie, so myself and 'er indoors joined 749, 998 other souls to cheer the flame on its journey. Amazing carnival atmosphere as folk waited, just for a few seconds glimse of what is an international symbol of world 'togetherness' acted out under the banner of sport.

Very much doubt if any of us will see it again on British soil in our lifetimes, so just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Still kicking myself I never made it down to that there London for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations (especially the concert), so decided I wasn't going to miss out on the flame too. Glad I did, history in the making an' all that. clapping
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

Olympic torch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic torch   Olympic torch EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:15 am

Don't you mean the symbol of the corporate greed hidden behind the Olympics

Major sponsors -

MacDonald - Purveyors of Obeisity to the nation
Coca Cola - See above + environmental damage in india, complicit in murder in columbia
Lloyds Bank - bailed out by US yet spending money on this sponsorship
Adidas - Using Sweatshops and child labour to produce expensive branded clothing

I could go on but you get the jist

Lord Coe on the radio this morning when asked what would happen if you tried to enter an olympic venue wearing a Pepsi teeshirt implied that you would be denied entry to the event

Small businesses being victimized if they even mention the olympics - a small butchers threatened with court action cos they made the olympic rings out of sausages in their window. Brains beer having to cover advertising hoardings that they pay for near the millenium stadium cos they are not an official beverage supplier (hope olympic event goers arn't real ale fans as all you can get is lager)

So the trickledown effect that should help the economy and other businesses is effectivally being stopped to keep the money in the hands of already very rich global brands.

Don't even get me started on the royals - lets just say I would rather be a citizen than a subject

Rant Mode off

(too much time on hands at present....)
Back to top Go down

Olympic torch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: