4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

morocco again,,,,,

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:12 am

well im off to morocco on friday for about 16 days its a solidarity raid with morocatlas,,,
http://marocatlasgib4x4.ning.com/

we are taking loads of stuff to some schools and the orphanages but we are also going to do some good driving all over morocco so should be pretty good,,,
i am taking the delica i have spent the last couple of weeks servicing and getting her ready for the trip but its been a mad rush with all the work i have had on,,,i put all new brakes on her,a new radiator,fitted new track rod ends sorted the broken exhaust, still got a few jobs to do,.hopefully before friday,,,fitted the big off road tires they make a hell of a noise on tarmac and will be hopeless in the sand so dont think i will be playing in the sand but they will have to do untill i get back and can order some more,,,, stupid ,,,,,fitted the bed and started to fit out the back with room for jerry cans and tipper,,,,,put a 2" lift on the front by screwing up the torsion bars and cut the arches back,,,,ok a few pics,,,,,

morocco again,,,,, DSCF5706
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5708
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5709
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5710morocco again,,,,, DSCF5711
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Jas
Admin
Jas

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:49 am

Looks cool. You running Grizly Claws?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Blimey, you're off tomorrow! (Friday)

GOOD LUCK MATE ... Have fun!!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Terracan Jas wrote:

Looks cool. You running Grizly Claws?

yea and there pants,,,,, doh
Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:00 am

I like the look. Looks cool
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:17 pm

OK all packed catching the 3.30 ferry from algerciras,,,,talk to you in a couple of weeks,,,,,, cheers1 clapping clapping clapping
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 pm

He's off! Enjoy ... you lucky censored !!!
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:01 am

Indeed, have a great time!
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:44 am

ey up,,,,got wifi in one of the camp sites,,,well been in the atlas mountains for a couple of days its been chuffin cold and theres still a bit of snow about,,,did a cracking track and ended up at the dades gorge this afternoon...in a camp site not far from the todra gorge at the mo,,,so will pop and see that before i head down to the desert at elfoud,,,then on to mozouga where we will be stopping over for a couple of nights,,,then i should be heading south,,,but im not quite sure,,,,think i might head back upto the mountains again and have a couple of days playing up there,,,see how i feel,,,,,
truck is running great,,,love this truck,,,,,,tires are very noisy,,,,but getting used to it,,,, thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Ah, the Todra Gorge. Drove that back in the early 90's when it was still a track and we were zig-zagging around boulders; memorable. Now paved for the tourist hordes unfortunately, just pleased I had the opportunity. Sad
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Lucky git, I'm stuck at home leg in the air with an ice pack on my knee.

Although hoping to get to the show at the weekend and hobble about for a while.

I suppose I can dream about driving across the dessert while watching an old episode of Morse.
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:25 am

ok just got to mazouga the kasbah toureg after visiting the todra gorge this morning quite nice ???? just done a few hours driving to get here so just going to chill for a couple of hours this afternoon Sleep and maybe take a beer tonight,,,,, glug thumbsup
Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:36 am

Tell us more about the truck. Any good off road. are you as adventurous with this than you are with other 4x4s.

Quite jealous right now.
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:43 am

took it into the sand dunes this afternoon just to try the tires,,,being an auto it took a few more revs to get it going,,,it performed quite well but as you can imagine it got quite hot the tempreture gauge went all the way, stupid ,,so had to quit and let it cool down but yes its very capable,,,,,and sand dune driving is great fun,,,,will be doing some more tomorrow and a lot of charity work,,,,,
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:55 am

ok just a few pics to be getting on with,,,,,

morocco again,,,,, DSCF6067
morocco again,,,,, DSCF6064
morocco again,,,,, DSCF6060
morocco again,,,,, DSCF6041
morocco again,,,,, DSCF6124
morocco again,,,,, DSCF6100
morocco again,,,,, DSCF6080
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5993
morocco again,,,,, DSCF6111
morocco again,,,,, DSCF6081
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 am

ok just a few more,,,,,,

morocco again,,,,, DSCF5975
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5922
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5878
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5907
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5848
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5804
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5800
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5807
morocco again,,,,, DSCF5869
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:42 am

Looks like a great time mate. Keep the pics coming! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:51 am

What happened to the clutch
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:36 am

Great pictures, keep em coming.

Very jealous adore
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 am

chally2 wrote:

it broke,????

hes still in zagora with electrical problems now,,,,,,?????
Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:58 am

tuggy wrote:
chally2 wrote:

it broke,????

hes still in zagora with electrical problems now,,,,,,?????

What waggon
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:57 pm

its a discovery two with TD5 engine,last i herd was he was on the back of a tow truck with ECU problems his engine keeps cutting out,,,,i sent them a message to check all the connections, we fitted a power upgrade chip and when we fitted it we found oil ingress in the connectors so we cleaned everything and it was ok ,,,its been a real shame for him hes had a caliper sieze,then the master cylinder gave up,then the clutch let go,now this engine problem,,,,,last i heard was he was on the back of a tow truck heading for marrakesh and the land rover dealers where they have dianostics,,,,,,,the thing is it was all serviced and lots of jobs done to it.... it was running perfect when it started off,,,electronics in the desert....i dont know,,,?????
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:10 pm

tuggy wrote:
its a discovery two with TD5 engine,last i herd was he was on the back of a tow truck with ECU problems his engine keeps cutting out,,,,i sent them a message to check all the connections, we fitted a power upgrade chip and when we fitted it we found oil ingress in the connectors so we cleaned everything and it was ok ,,,its been a real shame for him hes had a caliper sieze,then the master cylinder gave up,then the clutch let go,now this engine problem,,,,,last i heard was he was on the back of a tow truck heading for marrakesh and the land rover dealers where they have dianostics,,,,,,,the thing is it was all serviced and lots of jobs done to it.... it was running perfect when it started off,,,electronics in the desert....i dont know,,,?????

Altitude seems to do funny things to the TD5 ECU's last year when we were away after a trip into the mountains a friends accelerator worked like an on off switch some times the only way he could drive it was to use the ignition key as a throttle, turning it on and off to rev the engine.

Then after a couple of days it was all back to normal, another mate with a TD5 Defender has a spare ECU brought from a scrappy which he takes with him when out and about.
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:42 pm

altitude dose play some part,,,the one morning we were at lake tislite in the mountains and we had 5 motors,,diesels that didnt want to start including mine,,,,lots of black smoke which means there wasnt enough air to mix properly,,,,,but they all started eventually ,,,,,,, Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:46 am

Opps! Just as well that pajero clutches are the same or you'd be walking home.

Good photos mate, keep 'em coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

morocco again,,,,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: morocco again,,,,,   morocco again,,,,, Empty

Back to top Go down

morocco again,,,,,
Page 1 of 1