4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

TJ Shed/Out Building

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

TJ Shed/Out Building Empty
PostSubject: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:09 am

I woke up and the weather looked great, so all the plans were thrown out the window and instead of finishing off my Fishing Tackle workshop (found Here ) I decided to do the side shed on the house.

Nothing fancy, just a few sections of green timber (pressure treated timber sections), some Moisture Resistant 9mm Plywood, some ShipLap style boards, some PVA waterproof glue and a few boxes of screws.

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_110

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_210

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_310

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_410

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_510

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_610

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_710

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_810

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_910

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_111

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_112

TJ Shed/Out Building Shed_113

All done, just in time for Dinner.

Jason

Hyundai Terracan 2.9CRDI Auto
Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:06 am

You've forgotten the felt and flashing.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:58 am

Nah, don't need it mate. I used a quarter circle bead along the top ridge, and applied copious amounts of sealant along the ridge. Next weekend after pay day I will put a few coats of Oil Based wood stain on it, Will be looking sweet. thumbsup

TJ

Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Call yourself a chippie? That horizontal fixed to the house wall is upside down! No

Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:04 pm

And you would be better off using chemical anchors.

Have i got to send my roofing division manager round to do it properly, and put the wallplate on the right way.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Yeah, yeah. You keep playing the "You've done it wrong card" to hide your jealousy. Its that solid, It will double as a Fallout Shelter! As for the roofing manager, phffft, ill show him what I think about the building regs of the jealous! Laughing

TJ

Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:09 pm

And just wait and see what I build next! - A small log cabin shed using traditional Scandinavian Log building techniques! Ha!

Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 am

Tom, i think we have one on the hook.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 am

Assassin wrote:
Tom, i think we have one on the hook.

Laughing

Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Be careful using the word jealous, we have a roofing division which makes good profits, and we have done some of the premier buildings throughout the UK in recent years.
Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Like that Jason - ignore them! I have a similar set up along the side of my house, about 40' long x 6' wide with translucent roof - this is my "workshop" as we don't have a garage. Amazaing what you can make do with.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:23 am

maadmaan10 wrote:
Like that Jason - ignore them! I have a similar set up along the side of my house, about 40' long x 6' wide with translucent roof - this is my "workshop" as we don't have a garage. Amazaing what you can make do with.

Thanks mate, Every Man has to have his own workshop/garage!

Assassin wrote:
Be careful using the word jealous, we have a roofing division which makes good profits, and we have done some of the premier buildings throughout the UK in recent years.

But I've got the thing no roofing division has...... I build them with Charisma! Oh Yeah! bounce

Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 am

maadmaan10 wrote:
Pah! Translucent roof? Well mine lets in the light!

Reel 'em in!!! Rolling Eyes

Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:29 am

Didn't know youi built a Mitsibishi into it!!!!!!!!!!, thats a novel trick. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:48 am

Assassin wrote:
Didn't know youi built a Mitsibishi into it!!!!!!!!!!, thats a novel trick. Razz

And you know its the best! Cant teach that! bounce

Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Razz Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TJ Shed/Out Building   TJ Shed/Out Building Empty

Back to top Go down

TJ Shed/Out Building
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: