4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Never Assume Anything

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Never Assume Anything Empty
PostSubject: Never Assume Anything   Never Assume Anything EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Had an interesting afternoon today, on some waste land to the rear of our business premises were 10 Land Rover Defenders having a little fun before the land is levelled out, i did not know them, so went over and challenged them, they claimed they were legally and i verified this with the land owner. I went over in my Shogun, only to be met with all these highly modified LR's and the talk turned to off road vehicles, they all promoted their own LR's, so i said i had a much better 4X4 than them, one of them offered to bet me that their 4X4's would beat mine. This began as a joke until a couple of them took it too far and much too seriously, so i accepted their bet, i said if they win i will give them 5/1 on what they bet me, they all accepted and put up their £20 each, and expected to win £100 each off me.

I nipped home and got my tractor, a MF 9820 and returned, they were astounded and accused me of cheating, i refuted this and said it is a 4X4 and as i own it, its my 4X4; then they tried to get out of the bet, they claimed they bet against my Shogun, i stated that i merely stated against my 4X4 and never stipulated any make of vehicle. I further informed them they made an assumption and bet against this incorrect assumption.

We did the course and i was the only one not to get stuck, and completed it, they reluctantly paid up, so a local charity will now be £200 richer.

The moral of the story is never make assumptions, particularly when calling another marque of 4X4, and never make a bet with me.
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Never Assume Anything   Never Assume Anything EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Or even a MF 9280.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Never Assume Anything   Never Assume Anything EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:18 am

Funny..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Massie Tractor rules
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Never Assume Anything   Never Assume Anything EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Funny word assum

Write it and spell the same

ASS U M

translate

it maks an ASS out of YOU and ME getting nowhere fast Very Happy Very Happy

clinking teacups

Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Never Assume Anything   Never Assume Anything EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:16 am

I had a similar thing happen to me about a year ago out side our local Argos store on a nearby retail park I parked my diesel Merc ML up next to a bunch of younger guys all in their Citroen saxo's, golf's and assorted GTI's as I walked away from the car I heard one of them say why's he parked that tank next to our cars.

When I returned from the shop I said I will race any of you lot with my car and beat you, and one of the cocky little shits said I'll race you for £50, I said give me 10 minutes I'll pop home and get my car, then one of them chirped up hang on a minute are you Toms dad, when I said yeah he replied you're the guy with the Red Imprezza I said, might be at which they all started to back track, oh I thought you meant that car referring to the Merc, no I said this is my companies car mine's at home on the drive.

Like you said never assume !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Assume Anything   Never Assume Anything Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Assume Anything
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: