4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale Empty
PostSubject: Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale   Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

Yep, it has to go ... need the dosh, pure and simple.

1981 3.5 V8 2-door Range Rover Classic Convertible minus the roof and a decent interior. I do however have the roof and folding frame as a pattern, but the vinyl has perished. The fibre glass lid that sits on the boot area is all there and problem-free. Basically it's a runner but obviously needs some TLC before an MOT.

At present it has a coat of many colours, due to the previous owners re-paneling most of the bodywork. This means that although it looks a dog's breakfast, all the body panels are in good order. This included the tailgate which amazingly is also in very good order! The radius arms, etc. have also been re-bushed and braided hoses fitted to the brake calipers.

Importantly, the chassis is also sound, so most other things are 'dooable'.

I shall take it to LRO Peterborough and price it at £2,200 o.n.o. for a quick sale.

All in all it's a rare beast that would make a great project, I only wish it was me who could see it get back on the road. That's life. Sad

Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale Photos15

Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale Photos16

Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale Photos18
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale   Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:52 am

Pop it on ebay. I see old rangies go for far more than you would think. Just watch out for the £35 fee if the vehicle sells or the classified add ends. You can remove the listing 2 days before the end if you have no interest in the vehicle to avoid paying the ebay seller fee of £35.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale   Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:35 am

It's true, but I haven't got the time to see an auction out. I have a trade stand at the LRO Show Peterborough this weekend, so will trailer it there. Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale   Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Range Rover Classic Convertible for sale
Page 1 of 1