4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail*** Empty
PostSubject: Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***   Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail*** EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:19 am

Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***   Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail*** EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:06 am

loved the cab on the dozer looks like they pinched it from a truck,,,,,the tow cable looked in bad shape at the end,,,,dont think it would have taken much more,,,,,,, scratching chin
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***   Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail*** EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Excellenct, at last a reference to Nissan, now I can justify this tenuous link to the best motoring advert ever!!! Yes, this maybe 'one for the lads', but even the female of the species will find this amusing.

GOTTA WAIT TO THE END OF THE CLIP TO SEE THE PUNCHLINE THOUGH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKO-tZGuFDg&feature=related

As for the tractor-towing antics, reckon you're right Tuggy, the strands on that wire rope were rapidly failing. Great clip, but still not as good as mine. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***   Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail*** EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:01 am

That is a epic advert!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***   Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail*** EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Terracan Jas wrote:

That is a epic advert!
Don't know where or even if it was ever aired, but I'm sure Nissan aren't too concerned, it's been viewed on YouTube 5,859,827 times alone. Okay, I'll own up to the 827. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***   Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail*** EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:28 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Terracan Jas wrote:

That is a epic advert!
Don't know where or even if it was ever aired, but I'm sure Nissan aren't too concerned, it's been viewed on YouTube 5,859,827 times alone. Okay, I'll own up to the 827. Rolling Eyes

Laughing

I was quite surprised how they used the dozer blade and attempted to dig around the stuck tractor. Slightly messy, I hope the owner of the land didn't mind!

Towards the end of the video It looks like the water had either risen or seeped in. - The first time I went off road on a beach was at Brean near Weston Super-Mare, and for some insane reason I strayed from the group in my old, old Defender and drove on to this black sand. - Needless to say I got stuck and the vehicle sunk fast. 2x Defenders could not pull it out, I ended up digging around and under the tyres before the 2x Recovery vehicles could move my stricken 90.
It literally would not move until the "suction" of the black watery sand was reduced. {I have never strayed from the easiest route since}.

Jas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***   Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail*** Empty

Back to top Go down

Russian Patrol rescue attempt. ***Epic fail***
Page 1 of 1