4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Hullo from Hightae

Go down 
+2
Tom Mc
mugwump
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:23 am

Hi looking to do trip into eastern europe then across the top of Scandinavia through Hell and then back to Scotland presently planning to do this in Terracan, but things could change, and this seems a good site to find out more info Very Happy

Hopefully with picture of can
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Mmmmmmm ... Terracan, now where have I heard that name before?

Welcome to the funny farm mugwump, trust we can help. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi and welcome, Smile
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum, it's a nice place to be you can ask any advice on here and someone will nearly always
give you the info you need without being bitchy unlike some forums.

Terracan eh !, I think thats 2 on here now I might take a look at one when it's time to pension off the Frontera
Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello,

Sounds like a good trip
Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Ok picture failed for some reason, computer-22 will try again, but thanks for the welcomes will post again soon

ATB

Derek
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:45 am

Terracan. That sounds familiar.

Welcome to the Forum!
Its great to see another Terracan Owner! Mines pritty standard compared to what you can get. Any Terracan info needed just ask and ill try to help and by all means offer advice, its all usefull, im no expert.

Any pics? Any mods?

TJ
Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:35 am

Hullo from Hightae Pict2011

Well hopefully you should now have a picture of Henry and thanks to tom mac for pm on how to do pictures.

Again henry standard apart from slight lift and AT's as Jas will know it is a struggle to get bits for cans in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:40 am

Nice! Pritty much the same as what ive got.

Is your 2.9crdi or 3.6 v6? Auto or man? Part Time 4wd of Full Time?

TJ
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:48 am

It's a 'tin' model, making it a tin can! Razz

Bet you've never heard that one before? Well, not in the past five minutes anyway.

What event was the 2011 sticker for?
Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:13 pm

ok 2.9crdi manual and part time 4wd done just over 100k as regards mileage, and the event was this years Mac4x4 challenge where I ran most of the event minus a rear damper which had snapped. Great event and ended up in Ireland this year
OME suspension giving 40mm lift and ironman torsion bars, have not been able to get snorkle yet, that will depend if I hang on to this vehicle, looking to change to possibly a lower mileage terracan, Patrol, or maybe a disco, not sure will depend on cash. As regards trip will be taking wife and kids so vehicle needs to be good size, also I will need to have a trailer depends on how many mods I can do with my present one, for minimum cost.
Hullo from Hightae Img_2610Also a picture from this years Mac in Galway.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Sounds like a good laugh in what ever vehicle you take. The trailer sounds good, there is a topic on that in the main chat somewhere.
If you want the snorkel speak to Anton @ OEC International, I cant recall all the info but I Paid around £180 for the item. Strong, sleek (hidden by pilliar when looking inside the vehicle) and works.

Ive owned quite a fue vehicles in my short years including the patrol & disco, I owned both before my Can, The Patrol (3.0) is better off road due to the rear locker but drinks fuel even on the road, the disco was ok, I was unfortunate to have a fue problems with this vehicle and the 300tdi on an auto trans really had no power, but parts are cheap and with a little lift and AT tyres they do look cool!
I like what I got, for me it tows well, has lots of torque and returns good fuel which is handy at these prices.

But what ever you do & where ever you go take some pics, we love pics! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hullo from Hightae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hullo from Hightae   Hullo from Hightae Empty

Back to top Go down

Hullo from Hightae
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: New to the forum? Then this is the section to say hello!-
Jump to: