4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Touring Southern Africa

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
glucke
Rookie
Rookie

Touring Southern Africa Empty
PostSubject: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:15 am

Recently purchased a Toyota Hilux for a trip through Southern Africa
Planning to ship the vehicle (haven't named it yet) in Dec2011 and join it in SA in Jan 2012
Preparation, preparation, preparation - so much to do.
Would like to hear from anyone heading out that way

cheers
Back to top Go down
MrLeadfoot
Cleaner
Cleaner
MrLeadfoot

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 am

Photos, photos, photos.
Good luck, cant wait for more.
Back to top Go down
https://gs136.photobucket.com/groups/q176/P3MU9QIL52/
tristan
Rookie
Rookie
tristan

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:31 am

glucke wrote:
Planning to ship the vehicle (haven't named it yet) in Dec2011 and join it in SA in Jan 2012

cheers

Hi There glucke. I hope you have a fantastic trip out there. Its a fantastic experience. I have lived in SA all my life, and have travelled all over southern Africa for the past 25 years. I travelled in Defender 110 TD5 during July 2010 to Namibia, Zimbabwe, and Botswana, so if I can give you any information about any of the places, just ask. I travelled with my Wife and 14 year old daughter. I currently live in the UK for the next 3 years, and cannot wait to get back to Africa, by far the most exciting continent of them all. Africa makes you "come alive". Cheers Tristan
Back to top Go down
glucke
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:59 am

tristan wrote:
glucke wrote:

cheers

Hi There glucke. I hope you have a fantastic trip out there. Its a fantastic experience. I have lived in SA all my life, and have travelled all over southern Africa for the past 25 years. I travelled in Defender 110 TD5 during July 2010 to Namibia, Zimbabwe, and Botswana, so if I can give you any information about any of the places, just ask. I travelled with my Wife and 14 year old daughter. I currently live in the UK for the next 3 years, and cannot wait to get back to Africa, by far the most exciting continent of them all. Africa makes you "come alive". Cheers Tristan

Hi Tristan, may just take you up on that offer as we need some info on campsites. We lived in SA ourselves for 18yrs and returned to the UK in Dec1999. We have been back a few times since because as you say Africa truly does make you "come alive"
We have visited a few gameparks but travelling as we intend to will be a first for us.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:19 am

Sounds great! SA and Oz are on my 'must do before I croak' list, so I for one will be following progress.
Back to top Go down
tristan
Rookie
Rookie
tristan

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi there,

To anyone going out to Southern Africa (SA, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe) and needing any advise / assisitance/ queries, you are most welcome to post here or PM me, and I will try to help. Have travelled extensively in all four countries.
Tristan (Buckingham UK)
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:10 am

Hi Glucke,
Been reading your post. We aren't heading out to ZA this year but have just returned from a 6 month trip in Namibia, Botswana and ZA travelling in our 110 and had a fantastic time there yet again. If we can help you with your planning then please get in touch.

Where are you? Your profile says Cleveland if that's UK then we can't be far from each other.

Margaret
Back to top Go down
glucke
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Closer than you think   Touring Southern Africa EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:19 am

gemini wrote:
Hi Glucke,
Been reading your post. We aren't heading out to ZA this year but have just returned from a 6 month trip in Namibia, Botswana and ZA travelling in our 110 and had a fantastic time there yet again. If we can help you with your planning then please get in touch.

Where are you? Your profile says Cleveland if that's UK then we can't be far from each other.

Margaret

Hi Margaret,
My husband and I know a little of your adventure because we spoke to your daughter prior to her joining you in South Africa.
Plans for our trip are underway but any info re routes, campsites etc etc etc would be really appreciated. A list of questions is in the making as we speak!
We live in Marske so literally just down the road.
Regards
Eileen
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:57 am

Eileen you have a private message
Margaret
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:11 am

Ah, ain't it lovely when folk get together. cuddles
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Isn't that what it's all about? Doing something. thoroughly enjoying it then helping others to do likewise.

When Mike & I first 'ventured' into Namibia & Botswana in 2004 we spent the previous 18 months trying to find out how we were going to get there, ship the car and where to go and stay. A lot was closed doors at that time especially the shipping aspect as very few were doing it. When we came home we 'let the cat out of the bag' so to speak and will continue to do so and make lots of new friends along the way.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:41 am

Sure is ... excellent! clapping
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Right folks we are back from our week's adventure into sunny Warwickshire so if any help is needed fire away.

Margaret
Back to top Go down
glucke
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:19 am

gemini wrote:
Right folks we are back from our week's adventure into sunny Warwickshire so if any help is needed fire away.

Margaret

Hope you had a goodtime away.

We plan to ship our vehicle over to SA in Dec and fly over ourselves in Jan 2012. Who did you use to ship your vehicle and what sort of time frame are we looking at from departure to delivery.

cheers
Eileen
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:25 am

Eileen
Please PM me your 'phone No as it's a whole lot easier to explain.

Margaret
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touring Southern Africa   Touring Southern Africa Empty

Back to top Go down

Touring Southern Africa
Page 1 of 1