4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

52 Weekends by the sea

Go down 
+2
graeme
wideformat4x4
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

52 Weekends by the sea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 Weekends by the sea   52 Weekends by the sea - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Since my last post on the 52s we have managed to visit the next 4 destinations starting at the Wirral country park and then dipping into north Wales visiting Llandudno, Llyn, Aberaeron and New Quay.

After a 4 month break in the 52 saga, I managed to sit down with the other parties and plan our next excursion to south Wales and the Gower peninsula for the beginning of June.
If all goes to plan we will then look at doing the next section of the trip in early July visiting the Cornish coastline from Morenstow to South Hams in south Devon.

Unfortunately due to a change in my circumstances we are having to do longer trips less often but we will finish the project probably early next year
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: 52 Weekends by the sea   52 Weekends by the sea - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 2:20 am

Well been a bit tardy of late with the 52s but managed to tick off another 2 destinations.

Hastings wow the sea and wind were outrageous but we braved a seafront walk to the fishermans museum in gale force winds, stopping at the seafishermans club for an all day breakfast. Shame the funicular railway wasn't running something to do with the weather condition, shame.

But wow what a difference 24 hours make Sunday we drove to Eastbourne and onto the Bearing gap where we did the cliff top walk along to Beachy Head and back in bright sunshine.
The National Front sorry sorry National Trust car park was very wet and muddy, no problem for the Landy but spent the time it took the kettle to boil to help push 2 front wheel drive cars out of the car park.
After sitting in shirtsleeves drinking coffee and eating Alpen bars we planned our next trip to North Norfolk in March and another little excursion to Whitstable to tick off another 3 destinations.

Then later in the year it's up to the East Yorkshire coast then on to Scotland for a week and a bit to complete the last few destinations .

I can recommend the 52 Weekends by the sea book to anyone as a great way to sea the costal British isles.
And I've just discovered the authors have a follow up 52 weekends in the country. That should take me up to 60 years of age then I will be. Looking at a couple more projects.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: 52 Weekends by the sea   52 Weekends by the sea - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:11 am

"The National Front sorry sorry National Trust car park was very wet and muddy"  lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 52 Weekends by the sea   52 Weekends by the sea - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

52 Weekends by the sea
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: PROPOSED - Overland Trips & Expeditions-
Jump to: