4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Overlanding101

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
onlyMark
Cleaner
Cleaner

Overlanding101 Empty
PostSubject: Overlanding101   Overlanding101 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:35 pm

For many years I was a leader/driver for a commercial overland company. The company eventually got into financial difficulty and was taken over by another one. Some of you may have been on these types of trips or even thought of it before you decided to do it yourself and bought your own vehicle.
On a travellers forum there were often questions expressing interest in trying out an organised overland, in a truck with a large group, as it was sometimes the best and easiest way to see parts of the world, no matter what the disadvantages might be. I answered some, as did others, and thought it might be an idea to make a tongue in cheek website partly just for fun and partly to stick up a load of old photos that I didn't know what to do with - taken before the advent of digital cameras.

Anyway, as it was a paid website I eventually let it lapse and forgot about it. But I was reminded of it recently and though, hell, why not, stick it up again. But this time it's on one of the free hosting places.
The gallery at the end takes a bit of time to load when you click on a photo, but 'for nowt', it's quite reasonable.

http://overlanding101.weebly.com/
Back to top Go down
Surfy
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Overlanding101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overlanding101   Overlanding101 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 pm

adore 

Excellent writup, had a lot to smile cheers1 

It is a hard but cheap way to do a transafrica in a big group, and a hard job for a tour leader scratching chin 

Surfy
Back to top Go down

Overlanding101
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Private Links – enthusiast’s personal websites relating to 4x4 overland travel-
Jump to: