4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

OZPOD for OZTENT

Go down 
+5
Chris S
Hillbilly Raider
RLD
4x4overlander
chally2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 9:26 pm

we too watched Kev ...he told my husband to kneel on it as he rolls to squeeze any remaining air out
btw...our RV4 is now 8 years old
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinerovers.com
Ben_J85JTY
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 pm

As suggested above, ski boxes are a good, cheap alternative.

A friend of ours fits their RV4, plus front panels and a windbreak in a ski box on their roof. I keep my eye on ebay durning the summer, its when they normally turn up.

Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 am

Ben_J85JTY wrote:
As suggested above, ski boxes are a good, cheap alternative.

A friend of ours fits their RV4, plus front panels and a windbreak in a ski box on their roof. I keep my eye on ebay durning the summer, its when they normally turn up.

Your right
some of these bigger ones might fit

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-boxes/roof-boxes-long-thin.php

I have an rv 4 as well so If I find anything i'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Ben_J85JTY
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:36 am

Cheers Chally,

The do make a lot of sense to you, they are more watertight than the cage i currently have and are more secure.

After having to abandon the Rover in the Alps for a long trip home on a yellow taxi I am definatly looking for one. I had to ask a friend to take the tent home for me, which isn't ideal. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:52 am

no it wasnt ..but it was no hassle to do that for you Ben cheers1

finding stuff that can do the job at a fraction of the cost rather than buying expensive items at shows/from the mags, has got to be a good thing hasnt it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinerovers.com
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Hillbilly Raider wrote:

finding stuff that can do the job at a fraction of the cost rather than buying expensive items at shows/from the mags, has got to be a good thing hasnt it?

Absolutely - I'm all for that
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:29 am

Hillbilly Raider wrote:
no it wasnt ..but it was no hassle to do that for you Ben cheers1

And very satisfying. Managed to buy some used but as new £250 exhibition display boards off fleabay for £100. Result thought I, until a week later exactly the same thing came up and it was £53. No I still did okay though.
Back to top Go down
Denty
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:06 pm

FWIW: I have the RV3 and used to carry it on my Landy90 in a Thule ski box - supported in the right places but not sure if it would be long enough for the RV4. Also carried the side and front panels, side awning and extra poles in there, and theres room left for soft/squashy stuff. I then moved to roof bars with end stops as I have to take them off to get the Landy in the garage, and attaching the roofbox was an extra hassle.
I put the box up for sale on a Landy forum then decided to try it again for a show where the weather was forecast to be awful (it was!) - have to say it's a great combination and would think twice if someone made me an offer!

Denty Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OZPOD for OZTENT   OZPOD for OZTENT - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OZPOD for OZTENT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2