4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ianrimma
Rookie
Rookie

planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family. Empty
PostSubject: planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family.   planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family. EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:15 am

I ve got an old but good condition rav4 short wheel base, manual, petrol. It owes me nothing so I thought Id use it. Maybe big roof rack extend over bonet for wheels, petrol, water (gravity feeds kit / shower and sleeping box. Stove, basin, chopping board on inside back door, extend textile canope over rear for cooking washing sitting eating drinking. Clothes food etc inside back with seat deleated.
Countries en route, exit europe Balkans Bugaria, Turkey (black sea coast), Georgia, Azerbaijan, Iran (Caspian sea coast), Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan.

Any info or ideas/ knoledge would be great. Ian (Nottingham) 😕
Back to top Go down
MrLeadfoot
Cleaner
Cleaner
MrLeadfoot

PostSubject: Re: planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family.   planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family. EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 am

Travel light, not too much on the roof, if you can do this in a 2cv http://www.renault4.co.uk/desert.htm you can go to Azerbaijan in a Rav
Back to top Go down
https://gs136.photobucket.com/groups/q176/P3MU9QIL52/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family.   planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family. EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 am

I realise it's chaep Ian as you aleardy have it, but a Rav4 wouldn't be my choice of expedition vehicle. Toyotas in the main may be reliable, but they are only machines and all machines break down eventually. I'd rather be stuck in a broken Land Cruiser or Land Rover as parts are plentiful. Rav 4v's are a different matter entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family.   planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family. Empty

Back to top Go down

planning trip to kyrgyzstan (osh) to see my wifes family.
Page 1 of 1