4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Jas Top Ten

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:20 am

Jas Top Ten All_li14
Jas Top Ten All_li15
These two are of my old Mazda BT50 with all the lights on, looks good in the fog. Piaa 580 on the bumper Lightforce 170's on the roof.

Jas Top Ten Bt_fin10
This pic is of my old Mazda BT50 on the side of a fishing lake in devon, i knew the land owner and he let me park, camp and fish on the side of the lake that was closed to other people. Great times.

Jas Top Ten Sailsb16
This was my first off road outing in my new (current) Hyundai Terracan at salisbury plains. I was very happy with the truck, i came hear with my old Mazda BT50 and got stuck but when i came through the same spot in my Terracan I got through with a little drama.

Jas Top Ten Terrac10
This was the same trip on the plains - my first water crossing in the truck. The water was up to the top of the wheel arch, not very difficult to drive through but it was the 1st water crossing in this truck so its a good memory.

More pics to follow soon - i have to sift thru a fue hundred.

TJ

Last edited by Jas on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:42 am

Do you like Japanese 4x4's by any chance? Smile
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I like most 4x4's really. Ive owned a 90 defender, a td5 discovery and a td4 freelander, 70 series land cruiser, mazda bt50 and my current hyundai.
I had problems with all my landrovers unfortunatly, i did like the disco but i got fed up of them not running right, oil leaks, in and out of the garage. So i went to a landcruiser that was trouble free for 2 years i sold it due to it having a small 2.4 turbo diesel engine which was struggaling to haul all of my equipment around and fishing gear etc, then i swaped to the pick up which was great only to find that with two people in a single cab there is no room.
After sellng this i went to look at a patrol 3.0, test drove it and was about to buy it when i went for a test drive in the Terracan and IMO it was better than the patrol in most areas, had more equipment 4 years newer and half the miles for the same price. And so far over the past 2 years its worked very well and has'nt missed a beat.

The styleing is abit odd but its basicaly a mk2 pajero running gear and trans with a mercedes engine in it.

AS for jap 4x4's for me they have been more reliable for less money. Got nothing against LR's just the ones i had were pants. And as for jeeps, bahhhhh Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:28 am

Fair assessment. I think 99.9% of Land Rover owners know their shortcomings, those who aren't totally blinkered that is, but the feeling of 'family' more than makes up for their little idiosyncrasies and foibles.

As for oil leaks, we know they are only marking their territory! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 am

Oil leaks, retuning it back where it came from cheers
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:48 am

Keeps the chassis from going rusty. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:04 am

Found this pic. This was also on salisbury plain. I went through a Tank water crossing and it was deeper than i Thought. The water was not far of the door handels. Deep enough for me! Epic memorys.
Jas Top Ten Terrac11

More to follow.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Any water in the footwells?
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Not really, no. The water crossing took roughly10 secconds??vThe carpet did smell abit iffy for a fue days. But i soon pulled it all out, cleaned it then put it back in.

When I intialy drove in to the tank water crossing, as the decent is at a angle, the water was soon over the bonnet affraid . But once it leveled out it was below the door handles and ascending out of the crossing the water was lower again.

I now carry a foldable rule with my equipment. 2mtr fold out, to mesure the depth of any other crossings. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Jas Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas Top Ten   Jas Top Ten EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:28 am

I would like to add more but my Photo Skills have not really improved. Laughing

But:
Jas Top Ten Canal_12

Jas Top Ten Lightf15

If I find any more worth putting up....
Back to top Go down