4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeBKK
Rookie
Rookie
mikeBKK

Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too Empty
PostSubject: Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too   Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,
just a short note to let you all know something about myself and the misses. I am from the UK although I have been living outside the UK for the past 25 years in some interesting countries (15 in total). My wife (Irene) is Swiss and has also travelled with me on these journey's, mostly it has to be said have been work related.

I am planning a trip to drive from Bangkok, Thailand to the UK in 2018, starting sometime in January and traveling via Thailand, Myanmar, India, Nepal, Pakistan, China, the Stans into Russia. Then onto Finland, Sweden, Norway and finally the UK.

We are driving a Lexus LX470, it is actually a LandCruiser Amazon in the UK but a little better spec, the car is petrol and LPG so full range would be roughly 500 miles before fill up.

I will be posting the full trip on the forum once we have finalised the visa's, Carnet for India and the final route as I am sure you know the pain it is to sort out all the stuff.

I look forward to your contributions and who knows maybe some of you would be interested in joining us on the adventure.

Cheers,

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.virtual-ms.com
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too   Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 8:42 am

Hi your trip sounds great, be good to follow your trip, have a look on the fourm you will find a lot of information,
read others trips and enjoy, come along to the Overland show in September,
Tom will be along soon with more info.   clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too   Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 am

Welcome Mike, and Irene. Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Will be interested to hear about your progress. A bunch of us just came from HUBB UK which is a gathering of overlanders sharing stories of their adventures. Maybe you would consider doing a presentation after your trip. There is also Adventure Overland every September which is similar. Might be a great tale!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too   Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:12 am

Welcome to the forum both to yourself & 'er indoors!

As has been said, certainly an interesting trip. We'll be following progress. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too   Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 1:43 am

Hi and welcome it's good forums like this still have new members and not everyone migrates to Facebook.

Again welcome to the group and enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too   Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too Empty

Back to top Go down

Just joined and looking forward to some great advice / passing on some too
Page 1 of 1