4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

The man cave...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

The man cave... Empty
PostSubject: The man cave...   The man cave... EmptyWed May 24, 2017 5:09 pm

I haven't been posting much for a couple of weeks, despite my determination to help keep this forum alive. Have been moving house from Milton Keynes to just outside Northampton. But all settled in and the fact that Jess and I are now owners of a great little 1850's cottage in a scenic little village with music stars and rugby captains as neighbors pales beside the fact that I now have a garage. A place where I can now tinker away to my hearts content, regardless of weather, on Tembo and Pumba brings joy to my heart. Of course that joy is tempered by the fact that it is an English garage...designed when everyone drove Mini Coopers and Morris Minors which were the size of a healthy kids go cart. Naturally as vehicle size grew over the decades the English stubbornly stuck to their tradition of building virtually pointless-sized garages...including the previous owner of this property. But beyond the fact that with a vehicle inside there isn't enough room for a cat to swing another cat, I am still pretty happy. I have been setting up shelves and getting all my overlanding gear stored away. My garage doors face an amazing sunset view over the fields and have already spent a couple of evenings in my folding camp chair with a beer admiring the setting sun beyond our two Land Rovers. It may not be complete garage bliss, but it will do just fine.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

The man cave... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The man cave...   The man cave... EmptyWed May 24, 2017 8:58 pm

Sounds like you have a (perfect) not quite what you really want, but a garage to store your gear and tools, with a great view
seems to be a nice quiet location. We have just bought a Discovery 2 td5, been looking for a moterhome but decided wrong time of the year people asking far too much, so got a Discovery and looking for a caravan so as to come to the HUBB, also the Overland show.
Wishing you both good times in your new home.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

The man cave... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The man cave...   The man cave... EmptyMon May 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Yep, a 'man cave' is an essential ingredient to a strees-free life. It works both ways of course. While you're seperating your AF and metric spanners (which evivitably will get mixed) and generally tinkering, it gives 'er indoors time to get on with darning your socks and ironing your boxers ... it makes for perfect harmony.

Poetry in motion! cheers
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

The man cave... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The man cave...   The man cave... EmptyTue May 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Good to hear you've settled in and now have somewhere to fettle various Land Rover.
Sounds a nice place to be when the suns setting over the horizon with a beer in hand.

I know what you mean about garage sizes our place was built in the sixties and with camping gear, overland stuff, gas bar b, garden furniture and two Harley Davidson's in the garage there's not enough room for me as well, so any work needs to be done on a sunny warm day.
Add to that the 110 on the drive my wife's Citroen and my hair dressers SLK parked at a jaunty angle the neighbors are soon going to get peeved when I have to move everything to get the bikes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The man cave... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The man cave...   The man cave... Empty

Back to top Go down

The man cave...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Main Chat Forum-
Jump to: