4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

flooding in Aus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

flooding in Aus Empty
PostSubject: flooding in Aus   flooding in Aus EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:09 am

Just watching on news about floods in Aus in queensland, are all people on this forum from Aus safe and well Smile
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

flooding in Aus Empty
PostSubject: Re: flooding in Aus   flooding in Aus EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Must be all the tears being shed over their dismal displays in the Ashes series. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Vixen

flooding in Aus Empty
PostSubject: Re: flooding in Aus   flooding in Aus EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:56 pm

The floods are pretty bad. Some of those flooded areas flooded not so long ago, and now I think there is yet more rain and probably further flooding to come. We've certainly had a lot more rain this last few months than we have had in quite a while. I can remember 20yrs ago, the summers were far wetter than they have been in the last 15 at least. In particular I recall one very wet week we had 16 inches of rain (I was living 60km north of Brisbane at the time).

I now live on a hill about 200m above river level, so my house will not flood. I DO live on a steep hillside however .....enough rain and my house could theoretically end up sliding into the river with a lot of mud :shock: But safe for now.

We do get isolated in times of heavy rain when the creeks and rivers come up, but they tend to go back down as fast as they come up, so the isolation is generally short lived.

I've been reading of the day to day struggles with the cold England has been having with amazement. We all seem to be having our own brand of weather "drama"
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

flooding in Aus Empty
PostSubject: Re: flooding in Aus   flooding in Aus EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 pm

was watching the snakes in the flood waters,,,aaarrr scary,,,,last winter in Gibraltar we had the wettest winter ever recorded it started raining in dec and never stopped till april rained almost every day,,,,,,whats happening to the weather is this global warming,,,,???????? :shock:
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Sponsored content

flooding in Aus Empty
PostSubject: Re: flooding in Aus   flooding in Aus Empty

Back to top Go down

flooding in Aus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: