4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LaRobbie
Rookie
Rookie
LaRobbie

Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas Empty
PostSubject: Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas   Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi, My name is Rob and drive a Land Rover Defender 110. Just bought a Sankey trailer to rebuild to an overland trailer. My plans are to travel with my wife and little girl from Bonaire trough Colombia and Equador to Lima Peru. Looking for friends, tips, tricks and more to prepare us for the big trip.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas   Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups

Just ask questions and wait for the anwers and after I think it is 5 posts you will be able to post some photos, (it might be 10)
If you do a search you will find lots of tips on most querys,
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas   Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 11:16 am

Hi and welcome to the forum! cheers

Whereabouts is Bonaire exactly, because the only one I'm aware of is in the Caribbean?
Back to top Go down
LaRobbie
Rookie
Rookie
LaRobbie

PostSubject: Where is Bonaire   Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi Tom,

You are right.
Bonaire is a small island in the lesser Antilles. It is part of the Netherlands and is located close to Aruba and Curacao, just above venezuela.

I started a Land Rover Club here and we have about 25 members now

regards
Robbie
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas   Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Enjoy !!
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas   Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi and welcome!

That sounds like a great trip. Make sure you let us know about your prep and how he trip goes. Always good to hear about new places to explore!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
LaRobbie
Rookie
Rookie
LaRobbie

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas   Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 10:17 pm

For sure will.
I bought a Sankey and will try to rebuild it to a look a like Conqueror 440 :-) Hell of a job but keeps me off the street.

Can't place pictures yet but soon hope to show some.

Have made the 110 ready for the trip. Has a Safety Devices rollcage, almost everything is galvanised. Completely rebuild 3 years ago and poered a little with a Allisport intercooler and a boost pin (300TDI)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas   Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing a Land Rover enthousiast with Overland ideas
Page 1 of 1