4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Change of direction - L200 + demountable

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

Change of direction - L200 + demountable Empty
PostSubject: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Havn't posted for a while, spent most of the summer in hospital (indeed posting from my hospital bed now)

Due to this, the good lady and I decided we needed a ready to go vehicle rather than a rolling project so discussed what we wanted and what we could afford

As I want to cut my working hours then this seemed the best solution as it would give us what we wanted plus cut the number of vehicles we owned/taxed/insured/maintained etc

So we ened up with a Mitsi L200 + demountable

Ignore the price in the vid comments we didn't pay anywhere near that for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYrhVdRmOJ0

Rich
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:22 am

Looks like a nice motor/camper, so of my opinoins only, I have had 2-3 cars that could have drove along that track so not really showing its of road credentions (i know i cant spell) if it was mine I would see about tying up the electric cabels, lovely inside, but like caravan we had why oh why do they put micro wave above cooker.  clinking teacups 

But one motor with 2 good useses only need one insurance and one tax, good choice.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 am

I agree about the cables.

Much of the offroad we do is like that though really , very little hardcore when the veicle is also your home

although advantage is say at erg chebbi i could drop the camper off and go play in the pcikup. Also very shipable dismounted back + pickup in a 40 ft container

Rich
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:02 am

On the vehicles issue don't forget after October you will be able to tax a vehicle a month at a time so you can sorn a vehicle you're not using and tax one you are, of course the insurance is the other consideration but if you have 2 or 3 vehicles it will make life easier.

Which is great if you have an open top sports car now I can tax mine for July only and hope for sun lol
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 7:42 pm

That is really a side issue, the main issue is to have a load and go vehicle that I don't have jobs to do on, after the best part of 4 months in hospital then doing stuff is more important

Although as the pickup has larger tyres and a 4 inch lift I will need to work out a step arrangement as its very interesting watching people get in and out of it currently

Rich
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Not sure if it would work for you, but Dilys has a step we keep in the cab once she has climb in I pass it to to keep on the seat, then she can pass it to me to get out.
Or you could get some one to make an electric or hydrolick one or DIY.  clinking teacups 
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 am

Sounds like a great plan! Hope you get well soon and get out and enjoy the l200 and camper. Post up some pics when u do!

All the best!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 12:05 pm

I take it Thumper is or will be up for sale? End of another chapter.
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Yep - its sad but we have to move on , I've missed the summer so I just want to get out and about now.

Selling the bakki too - our 3.1 isuzu pickup truck

Its just a different way of doing the same stuff although we will have to learn how to pack lighter
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:59 am

Yep, that's life. How's your sea legs by the way? Hope you've got a good stomach, either that or you'll have to sort out the rock 'n' roll on the Mitso, it certainly does like to pitch.
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:36 pm

So does the Iveco so no change there.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change of direction - L200 + demountable   Change of direction - L200 + demountable Empty

Back to top Go down

Change of direction - L200 + demountable
Page 1 of 1